Recent

Author Topic: Can't recompile Lazarus 3.0 on Ventura  (Read 3409 times)

svenke

Can't recompile Lazarus 3.0 on Ventura
« on: December 24, 2023, 07:59:11 am »
Warning: Recompiling DateTimePicker, checksum changed for /Applications/Lazarus/lcl/units/x86_64-darwin/lclintf.ppu

datetimepicker.pas(85,12) Error: Can't find unit DateTimePicker used by DateTimeCtrls

Uninstalled previous version of Lazarus and FPC with UninstallPKG.app and deleted the .Lazarus directory before installing 3.0.

TorBreines

Re: Can't recompile Lazarus 3.0 on Ventura
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 09:32:40 pm »
I experienced just the same error. I am not able to rebuild Lazarus after updating to v. 3.0.
I had to go back to v. 2.2.6 to get Lazarus working again.

Giano

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 09:00:41 pm »
I have the same exact error on these plateforms :
- MacPro 2013, macOS Monterey
- MacBook Pro M2 Max, macoOS Sonoma

The autocomplete works very badly after a compilation, it stumbles with an unknown unit.
The IDE behaviour becomes erratic when I want to create a new event method. As long as I don't compile, the IDE works correctly but after the compilation......

I will have to go back to v2.2.6 and wait for a stable release.

shayneoneill

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 04:56:29 pm »
Ok, I thought I was going mad. I'm having the exact same issue.

I wonder if theres a way to extract the missing sources from one of he other OS distributions.

TRon

pavt

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 08:53:32 am »
Unfortunately, this issue is still not corrected even if applied all what is mentioned in https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/40656. As I have checked, all my source files have already implemented the changes mentioned in the solution there, but this did not help.

It seems, that there is some more general issue in re-compiling the LCL lib.

Clean install with recompiling IDE with profile Normal leads to mentioned error:

datetimepicker.pas(85,12) Error: Can't find unit DateTimePicker used by DateTimeCtrls

If I remove the DateTimeCtrls1.5.1 and DateTimeCtrsDsgn 1.5.1 in order to bypass the mentioned error I get another compiling error, this time:

lazhelpchm.pas(85,12) Error: Can't find unit LazHelpCHM used by lhelpcontrolpkg

Removing ChmHelpPkg 0.2.1 leads to another error:

uPSR_stdctrls.pas(85,12) Error: Can't find unit uPSR_stdctrls used by pascalscript

I did not continued in removing standard components, while this makes no sense. I have tested compiling simple project with the TDateTimePicker component and this seams to be working fine.

I would really appreciate removing this problem while unfortunately I have to stay with version 2.2.6.

Tested on MacOS Sonoma and 10.14.6, Lazarus 3.2. Previous version 2.2.6 was before installing 3.2 archived in other directory, same with .Lazarus folder in the user directory.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018