Recent

Author Topic: Conscious Artificial Intelligence - Project Update  (Read 13839 times)

agorka

Re: Conscious Artificial Intelligence - Project Update
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2020, 11:01:09 am »
Hello!
I've got some news on my progress porting Keras model to your library!
I've finally trained it in Keras to 95% accuracy, tried to use it in Pascal, and faced this problem:

My model looks like
Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1.       TNNetInput.Create(512, 128, 1),
  2.       TNNetConvolutionReLU.Create(24, 7, 0, 1, 0).InitUniform(0),
  3.       TNNetConvolutionReLU.Create(24, 5, 0, 1, 0).InitUniform(0),
  4.       TNNetMaxPoolPortable.Create(2, 2),
  5.       TNNetConvolutionReLU.Create(24*2, 5, 0, 1, 0).InitUniform(0),
  6.       TNNetMaxPoolPortable.Create(2, 2),
  7.       TNNetConvolutionReLU.Create(24*4, 5, 0, 1, 0).InitUniform(0),
  8.       TNNetMaxPoolPortable.Create(2, 2),
  9.       TNNetConvolutionReLU.Create(24*4, 5, 0, 1, 0).InitUniform(0),
  10.       TNNetMaxPoolPortable.Create(2, 2),
  11.       TNNetFullConnectLinear.Create(NumClasses)
Seems that X and Y coordinates are swapped when loading Conv layer weights from strings saved in Keras.
I found that by looking to feature maps, Keras contained vertical lines while pascal contained horizontal and vise versa. I used numpy.swapaxes on weights for convolution layers and it did the trick, though images are still not 100% the same, maybe I'll also need to flip convolution filters to match with Keras.
The next problem was the dense layer.
In Keras I had a flatten layer before the dense, so weights of the dense layer were flat. I had to reshape them manually to 27x3x96, swap axes, flatten, and then save. This seems too cumbersome, cause I had to know the original image shape, and it can't be used in generic weight saving function...
Having non-square convolution could have solved my problem, so I could use 27x3 convolution instead of dense layer.
Maybe you have a better different idea how this problem could be solved in a more beautiful way?

Good news is that after all those tricks I've got very good prediction accuracy in Pascal! Thank you again for making this possible! =)
Oleg.

schuler

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2020, 05:09:59 pm »
@agorka,
Thank you for sharing good news! I'm curious to look at your code. Have you though about open sourcing it? Your code could help others.

Maybe, with time, we could polish both ends and make porting tasks easier.

Firewrath

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2020, 09:50:17 pm »
ok, so this is going to be a little OT from the current discussion going on, sorry. >.>

and first of all, I know pretty much nothing about AI other then article's I've read and such,
I'd like to play with it but I have an 11 y/o PC and almost all the tutorials are in python, so bleh. :P

But I was reading this guys blog:
http://blog.dlib.net/
and he posted something I found rather interesting that I havn't seen anywhere else, called a 'tiled pyramid'
(but mind, I don't follow AI news / updates a lot)

So I was wondering if it could be implemented in your work for training.
http://blog.dlib.net/2017/08/vehicle-detection-with-dlib-195_27.html
and Pic:
Shortened pic link

To me, it seems a really smart way to train an AI, but that's coming from someone who doesn't know how it all works.
So what do I know? ;)
but wanted to pass it along anyways. ^-^
Sorry. I currently don't have Internet Access. So my replies might take a week. -_-