Recent

Author Topic: Problem Lazarus 1.0 and 1.1  (Read 3488 times)

elidorio

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 295
Problem Lazarus 1.0 and 1.1
« on: August 31, 2012, 03:35:35 pm »
Good morning everyone,

My main application form, the frmmenu (Menu form):
This with the properties like this:
Windowsstate = wsMaximized
Position = poScreenCenter.

Compiling with Lazarus 09.30.4, to run the application the main form and maximizing normal, he takes the normal resolution.
And when compiling with Lazarus Lazarus 1.0 and 1.1-38431-fpc-2.7.1, the main form is not fully maximized.

Has anyone had this problem?

Edson
Lazarus 1.4.4 | FPC 2.6.4 | Windows / Linux Debian

geno

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 198
Re: Problem Lazarus 1.0 and 1.1
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »
Yes, I have experienced the same behaviour on a few different applications.  My fix was to set the form's Autosize := True in the Object Inspector.

  regards,
    geno
version:      Lazarus 1.9   FPC 3.0.4
   
widget set:  x-86_64-linux-gtk 2
OS:             ArchLinux/ Xfce 4.12

Martin_fr

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6455
    • wiki
Re: Problem Lazarus 1.0 and 1.1
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »
What means not fully maximized?

Which OS? Which windowmanager?

Sample project?

Please report as a bug on mantis

Deepaak

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 445
Re: Problem Lazarus 1.0 and 1.1
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:26:36 pm »
i had found one more bug, bitblt image button no more works in lazarus 1.0
one more... Form1.Handle is not working  >:D
Holiday season is online now. :-)

geno

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 198
Re: Problem Lazarus 1.0 and 1.1
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 07:40:59 pm »
Lazarus 1.0 / FPC 2.6
Fedora 17 w/ Xfce

I stand corrected:  changing the Autosize property on a new project does not work.
edit:  It does work if there is at least one control on the form, and form is set to autosize.

The image is a screenshot of the display of a new, blank project with no other controls.  All project files are included in the .zip.

After much testing I have found:
-  using WindowState := wsMaximized in a method does not work (OnCreate, OnPaint, OnResize, OnShow)

 - Changing form style from fsNormal to fsMDIForm  and compiling/running displays correctly; it also continues to behave correctly after changing back to fsNormal and running.


My apologies for the incomplete post, I have spent way too much time playing with this, and have other matters to attend to.  I will check back later to see if progress has been made.

  v/r,
   geno
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:37:35 pm by geno »
version:      Lazarus 1.9   FPC 3.0.4
   
widget set:  x-86_64-linux-gtk 2
OS:             ArchLinux/ Xfce 4.12

 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018