Lazarus

Installation => Linux => Topic started by: snorkel on December 19, 2018, 10:37:41 pm

Title: Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack
Post by: snorkel on December 19, 2018, 10:37:41 pm
Hi,
I used the online package manager to install Indy on Manjaro Linux (arch) and it installed fine but when I compile an existing project I get this:
IdComponent.pas(68,48) Fatal: Cannot find IdStack used by IdComponent

The paths to the indy source dirs are in the project other units.

This is a project I moved over from windows and I did delete all the .pp files in the lib directory before compiling.

What's odd is if I create a new project and put the indy tcpclient on the form it compiles fine.



Title: Re: Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack
Post by: HeavyUser on December 19, 2018, 11:04:30 pm
Hi,
I used the online package manager to install Indy on Manjaro Linux (arch) and it installed fine but when I compile a project I get this:
IdComponent.pas(68,48) Fatal: Cannot find IdStack used by IdComponent

The paths to the indy source dirs are in the project other units.

This is a project I moved over from windows and I did delete all the .pp files in the lib directory before compiling.

What's odd is if I create a new project and put the indy tcpclient on the form it compiles fine.
Search for the component name that can not be found in all the files in indy directory, and use that unit in your file.
Title: Re: Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack
Post by: snorkel on December 20, 2018, 04:10:20 pm
tried that, still does not work.   A new project with same components works fine.  Can't seem to find what the difference is.
I went through all the project path settings and they appear the same.

I guess I will try next to move the indy dir from the packagemanager dir to the lazarus directory and compile and install from their.
Title: Re: Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack
Post by: HeavyUser on December 20, 2018, 04:34:24 pm
tried that, still does not work.   A new project with same components works fine.  Can't seem to find what the difference is.
I went through all the project path settings and they appear the same.

I guess I will try next to move the indy dir from the packagemanager dir to the lazarus directory and compile and install from their.
That would be a mistake. Open the project and see if indy is mentioned in the project's required packages if not add it.
Title: Re: Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack
Post by: GetMem on December 20, 2018, 05:09:43 pm
@snorkel
Quote
I guess I will try next to move the indy dir from the packagemanager dir to the lazarus directory and compile and install from their.
Don't do that. Just add IdStack to indylaz. Open the package, then: "Add"-->"Add files from filesystem".  IdStack is located in the system subdirectory.

PS: I saw this issue before in one of my project. I have no idea why isn't working without adding IdStack to the package. 
Title: Re: Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack
Post by: snorkel on December 20, 2018, 05:57:09 pm
I added idstack to the package but it didn't help, now I get this:

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. IdComponent.pas(69,3) Fatal: Cannot find idstack used by IdComponent. Make sure all ppu files of a package are in its output directory. ppu in wrong directory=/home/snorkel/Documents/laz_components/Indy10/lib/x86_64-linux/IdStack.ppu..

I tried putting the idstack.ppu in the project lib dir and still can't find it.

Never had this much trouble before ......scream.....LOL

all the .ppu are where they should be.  And if I start a new project and put the indy tcpclient on the form it compiles just fine and can find idstack.ppu no problem.

This is a project I moved over from a windows setup and I did add the correct paths to the other unit files of the project.
Title: Re: Indy from online package manager can't find IDstack
Post by: snorkel on December 20, 2018, 06:07:16 pm
OMG, you will never guess.....
If you look close at that error message the idstack is lower case.....
So I did a search of the entire project for idstack and it was in one of the project units in lower case.

I changed it to the proper case and voila it compiles now (or at least gets past that part now)

That has to be the worst error message ever LOL, it didn't even have anything do to with the package.