Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: how to tweek fpmake to compile RTL?
« Last post by paule32 on Today at 08:23:49 am »
the little creditable "copyright notice"  ;D
yahyah...  I know why.
General / Re: splitting an image
« Last post by paule32 on Today at 08:20:33 am »
simply:
- use two separate TImage's like a map, or:
- use a tile map (a single file, with tiles in square with same width/height

good luck
LCL / Re: Why isn't TTIRadioGroup's AutoSize property published?
« Last post by egsuh on Today at 08:09:35 am »
Looking at the code, it seems you can publish that property and recompile the IDE.

Haha no, I can set it within code, and that's good enough.
General / splitting an image
« Last post by madref on Today at 08:05:04 am »
I have an image (TImage) that I want to split Ito two images so that I can put them under each other.
The Image is 365 pixel wide and I want to split into 165 and 200 pixels

How can I do that?
Debugger / FpDebug questions
« Last post by 440bx on Today at 03:43:41 am »
Hello,

Using Lazarus v3.99 (trunk).

In the first screenshot, the Assembler window shows source lines in the sequence 1665, 1664, 1665, 1664, 1667.  Should the fact that the lines are out of sequence and repeated be considered a bug (I guess, probably due to the way FPC generated dwarf info) ?

In the second screenshot, the "Redirect" options have a "From file" and "From file (at EOF)"  what's the difference between those two options ? 

Thank you for your help.
Windows / Re: Lazarus for Windows on aarch64 (ARM64) - Native Compiler
« Last post by Wallaby on April 23, 2024, 11:46:56 pm »
I've also launched this job at Upwork:
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~017b8f1ec5e0058846
As an interim solution to figuring out where the right bounty is to be offered.

Thanks for pursuing this! Hopefully someone skilled will respond and get the job done.

It might be worth to mention the job in the dev mailing list list, so that the core developers notice it: https://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-devel/
General / Re: Parameter passing oddities
« Last post by KodeZwerg on April 23, 2024, 11:04:39 pm »
Alright, agreed that I am responsible for the call, and for overwriting "a".

But the compiler expects that I don't do it and that "a" remains unchanged. Currently everything works, but can we exclude that a  future optimisation relies on "a" being unchanged ?
It seems you still have not understood yet so help me to help you.
In what line of code is "a" changed?
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. procedure Add(const a, b: Integer; out c: Integer); inline;
  2. begin
  3.   c := a + b;
  4. end;
So if you want that "a" stay unchanged, that you already have done since nothing write to "a", right?

You have 3 arguments, each of them can have the same reference but treated internal as unique variables where "a" does know nothing about "b" and so on.

Equal how you watch on it the result stay same, the person that uses your method needs a 1 week training to know that you as the inventor of that method wants maby 3 different arguments or 2 same or or or .... as often you change your mind what you actually want my saying stays same :D
Beginners / Re: Can function be used for change event
« Last post by jamie on April 23, 2024, 10:53:10 pm »
In this case the event is oneditingdone I suppose different controls have different types of change events but I try to handle them all through one event procedure. Which is why it’s important to know if the control actually changed..,

I have no idea what would be involved in creating a new type of event that uses a function instead of procedure but acts like tnotifyevent. How are events created? Can I create one in my tedit descendant similar to oneditingdone ?

For the OnEditingDone event do this..

While in the event, test for the focus..

If Self.Focused then We are still in the control and someone hit the return key.
General / Re: TIndexedAVLTree in Trunk
« Last post by lainz on April 23, 2024, 10:49:03 pm »
{$IF FPC_FULLVERSION >= 30400}
uses
  avglvltree;
{$ELSE}
uses
  LAZ_AVL_Tree;
{$ENDIF}
General / Re: Parameter passing oddities
« Last post by Nitorami on April 23, 2024, 10:48:22 pm »
Alright, agreed that I am responsible for the call, and for overwriting "a".

But the compiler expects that I don't do it and that "a" remains unchanged. Currently everything works, but can we exclude that a  future optimisation relies on "a" being unchanged ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

TinyPortal © 2005-2018