Recent

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
macOS / Mac OS X / Re: MacOS Lazarus Startup Problem - "Access Violation"
« Last post by trev on Today at 11:22:05 am »
I will start a new thread upon reinstallation if I run into any more problems.  I am convenience that this is an error on my part and I am just too ignorant of all technical stuff to make Lazarus work that I don't notice it.

I'm not convinced you have done anything wrong. In fact, I find it highly unlikely. Do let us know how you go.
macOS / Mac OS X / Re: MacOS Lazarus Startup Problem - "Access Violation"
« Last post by trev on Today at 11:19:51 am »
There's been some changes between recent Lazarus versions and the single uninstallation script was out of date. I have now deleted the old script and created two new scripts. One for each of:

1) FPC 3.x.x and Lazarus 2.0.8 through 2.0.10
2) FPC 3.x.x and Lazarus 2.0.12 and  2.2.0 (RC1)

I verified that they delete all files specifically having tested combinations of FPC 3.0.4, 3.2.0 and 3.2.2 and Lazarus 2.0.8, 2.0.10. 2.0.12 and 2.2.0 (RC1). I'm not going back any further than that.

I have also listed version numbers so that future users will not run into similar issues when installing if the versions change and the scripts are not updated in a timely manner.
General / Detect that mouse cursor is over the title bar
« Last post by CM630 on Today at 09:52:07 am »
How am I to detect that the mouse cursor is over the title bar of the form?
The OnMouseMove event is not triggered when the mouse is over the title bar.
So I thought I could detect OnMouseMove for the entire OS, but I have found a Windows-only solution.
In the worst case, I can place a timer that will check the position of the mouse let say every 150 ms, but probably that is not the best way.
Same thing with transactional IBX datasets - which also descend from TDataset - as said @LacaK (thus, consistency among transactional component solutions): the TSQLTransaction.Action (caRollback, caCommit, and possibly caRollbackRetaining or caCommitRetaining) is called when all the datasets managed inside the transaction are closed (so, either explicitly, or when their container - TForm or even TDatamodule - is destroyed).

In fact, the transaction that becomes useless when no dataset is open within itself (the transaction detects this context through its dataset pointers list, and concludes that), "closes" \ "deactivates" itself (=~ TSQLTransaction.InTransaction:= False;) after having applied its Action (caRollback, ...) on the server-side. Could be seen as a kind of smart "garbage collector" of the transactional layer.
This will produce the exact same symptoms. So what happens is I erroneously assumed I get a brand new fresh result variable which which I am free to do what I want before I return it, that it is created and owned by the function that returns it but in reality the caller of the function will provide the result variable and in this case it still contains a valid string from the previous iteration.

Result contains a valid string with a valid reference count, it is not some random garbage. I MUST use the proper fpc way of assigning a new string, only this will ensure it will decref the previously contained string.

FillByte would wipe out the pointer to a perfectly valid string that still has reference count without first dealing with the refcount and disposing it if not used anymore.

Correct. Record types that contain managed types (as well as records that use management operators) are considered managed types themselves and for these the Result is always passed as a hidden var-parameter and the compiler does not initialize those for you (thus the same will also happen if your result type is a String or an array).
General / Re: How can clone an offline access to Lazarus forum?
« Last post by MarkMLl on Today at 09:01:12 am »
Currently not possible.

Thanks for your answer, can you give me a backup or something like this? I want to share it with some pascal developers who currently temporarily have no internet connection.

Regards

I'd prefer it if contributions I'd made were not passed in bulk to unidentified parties in this way. There's a history of this sort of thing being abused.

MarkMLl
General / Re: How can clone an offline access to Lazarus forum?
« Last post by Sanem on Today at 08:43:37 am »
Currently not possible.

Thanks for your answer, can you give me a backup or something like this? I want to share it with some pascal developers who currently temporarily have no internet connection.

Regards
TSQLTransaction.Action is used when TSQLTransaction.EndTransaction is called.
And TSQLTransaction.EndTransaction is called by TDatabase.CloseTransactions which is called when database is to be closed.

So in short TSQLTransaction.Action does not play role when dataset is opened.

If you want commit transaction just after dataset is opened you can use TSQLQuery.Options:
sqoKeepOpenOnCommit and commit transaction manually.
Arabic / Re: تهنئة بمناسبة فتح القسم العربي
« Last post by Al-Eid on Today at 08:08:08 am »
need to add  dir="auto" to the post div to fix right to left
Code: [Select]
<div dir="auto" class="post">

I've updated all "post" divs (21 locations)

Marc

شكرا على المجهود
Thanks for the effort
I did not set anything but TSQLTransaction.Action to caRollBack.  Is this all to auto-start transaction and rollback? But when is it rolled back? I'd like to use one transaction for select only purpose -- so I'd like it rolled back as soon as the dataset is opened. But if it is rolled back as soon as the opening operation is over, the dataset (TSQLQuery) must be closed, which is not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

TinyPortal © 2005-2018