Recent

Author Topic: Can't move buttons and edit boxes on a form  (Read 5321 times)

glober

Can't move buttons and edit boxes on a form
« on: April 18, 2005, 04:08:41 am »
Hello,
I am trying to move a Kylix app I wrote to Lazarus. So far I have made the nesessary changes to the .pas files and removed the unsuported Delphi/Kylix component properties from the .lfm files, to the point that I can compile and run the app.  One of the problems that remain is that after the conversion, on some of the tabsheets the buttons and edit boxes are centered in the middle and I cannnot move them horizontaly, they are stuck. On some tabsheets I can move them Ok. I have checked the various properties in the object inspector to see what is different about the ones I can move and ones I can't, but can't see any differences. When I try to change the left property it just gets ignored and goes back to the centered value, doesn't let me change it.
Any Help would be much appreciated,  Thanks

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 02:44:48 pm »
Look at the Anchors property. It has probably no akLeft or akRight.
Unlike Delphi/Kylix you cannot change the Left property in that case (the control is forced center)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:19:07 pm »
Quote from: "Marc"
Look at the Anchors property. It has probably no akLeft or akRight.
Unlike Delphi/Kylix you cannot change the Left property in that case (the control is forced center)

Yes, That did the trick. It was the akLeft being set to False that was causing the problem. Yes, different behavior than Delphi/Kylix, but I can live with stuff like that.  Its a bit of a learning curve coming from Delphi/Kylix with the lack of documentation, and with what seems like a small forum community so far, comparatively speaking. Lazarus and FPC seem like a great projects from what I have seen so far.
I have other questions as I am new to lazarus. I will post in other topics.

Thanks for your response Marc.

glober

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 09:23:02 pm »
That Last reply was from me.   Forgot to sign in. :oops:

TinyPortal © 2005-2018