Recent

Author Topic: opencv in lazaus  (Read 26654 times)

sergioantonio

Re: opencv in lazaus
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »
@BigChimp: its actually not that difficult to do a port, I write compilers often, and you can automate most of the process of converting C code to pascal. by building a compiler that instead of taking the C code and producing assembly code will produce pascal code. I've actually done this with some open source c code and have had not problems.

in fact after the conversion to pascal from C, when I compile the pascal source code and use the strip.exe, I often get more compact executable than the original C code.

the point: the conversion process of OpenCV to pascal can be automated, and again once you have the pascal version, you get all the benefits of just recompiling the code to all the platforms supported by FPC.

its probably just my way of thinking, but I also think one of the reasons why the C type languages are more popular than pascal is because there is just allot of open source C code available.   having as much open source projects available in native pascal not only give you the write once compile anywhere benefit, but I will also let people known that hey, the pascal programming language is all you need for you programming projects, and you will probably recruit back some programmers to pascal. but then  again its just my way of thinking.

Sergio
www.dominicanvoice.com
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 01:30:26 am by sergioantonio »

ludob

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 07:09:53 am »
@BigChimp: its actually not that difficult to do a port, I write compilers often, and you can automate most of the process of converting C code to pascal. by building a compiler that instead of taking the C code and producing assembly code will produce pascal code. I've actually done this with some open source c code and have had not problems.

in fact after the conversion to pascal from C, when I compile the pascal source code and use the strip.exe, I often get more compact executable than the original C code.
Finally! The man the FPC community has been waiting for all this time has surfaced. Converting automatically C code to Pascal has been many FPC developer's wet dream for ages. The only thing missing now is that you share your C to FPC converter which I guess is no problem since it was so easy to do. AFAIK all open source C compilers are GPL'ed so according to the licence all code derived from it should be published anyways once you talk publicly about it.
Thanks in advance!  :)

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »
I have just bumped into FreePascal OpenCV headers that I would like to share with everyone:
http://gidesa.altervista.org/camshiftdemo.php
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 10:54:07 pm »
There is another new Delphi wrapper for OpenCV 2.4.5
https://github.com/Laex/Delphi-OpenCV
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

sergioantonio2013

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 04:38:06 pm »
this is for ludob:

I´m going to say something that is probably not going to be very popular.
but, although freepascal is free and lazarus is also free. we programmers make a living programming.

so, you say finally, someone who can build a program that takes C code and converts it to pascal. why dont you do share the code.

the answer, because I dont program for free.

I can absolutly build a compiler that will take any C or C++application and convert it object pascal code that can be compiled with freepascal and lazarus.

however, I still dont see any benefits to doing something for free. sorry.

if anyone is willing to pay for me to build it, I will gladdly do it. and I really dont understand why other programmer think its so hard.

by the way i´m the same sergio Fernandez as above I´m just  logging  from a different acount.

Sergio Fernandez
www.facebook.com/sergio.fernandez.756
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:03:25 pm by sergioantonio2013 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018