Recent

Author Topic: Now, is there really anybody using INDY+Lazarus for Mac os x ?  (Read 12036 times)

sinfoni

I'm very curious to know if somebody succed in using Http and Ftp components without having this stupid message "/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/fpc/IdFTP.pas(705,17) Fatal: Can't find unit IdFtpCommon used by IdFTP"

Indy definitly does not work for Mac OS X. If somebody can prove me the contrary...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:59:23 am by sinfoni »

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
Re: Now, is there really anybody using INDY+Lazarus for Mac os x ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 01:01:20 pm »
I'm very curious to know if somebody succed in using Http and Ftp components without having this stupid message "/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/fpc/IdFTP.pas(705,17) Fatal: Can't find unit IdFtpCommon used by IdFTP"
is there IdFtpCommon file?
Make sure the name of the unit in uses section MATCHES unit's file name letter cases...

Indy definitly do not work for Mac OS X. If somebody can prove me the contrary...
AFAIK, Indy does work poorly on Linux, and has neverbeen properly tested on Mac. So even if you've the component installed, it doesn't mean that everything will work smooth.

sinfoni

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:03 am »
Facts are:

Yes, IdFTPCommon.pas is present in the same directory as IdFTP.pas, that is
"/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/fpc/IdFTP.pas"

In IdFTP.pas, the uses section contains IdFTPCommon in the same letter case as the file IdFTPCommon.pas. I have even tried to add 'in /Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/fpc/IdFTPCommon.pas' without success.

BUT, you may be right when you point out a letter case issue because error message is about IdFtpCommon, not IdFTPcommon...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:19:44 am by sinfoni »

sinfoni

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 03:56:18 am »
Well,

I don't want to say that's the issue is solved, because maybe another one will occur in some days or some hours. But I've done this:

I've created a new directory nammed "bug" under this one:
"/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/lazarus/lib"

I've copied IdFTPCommon.ppu and IdFTPCommon.o
from
"/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/lazarus/lib/i386-darwin"
to
"/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/lazarus/lib/bug"

Then I've renammed the both files in "bug" directroy IdFtpCommon.ppu and IdFtpCommon.o

At last, I've added "/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/lazarus/lib/bug" to the "Others unit files (-FU)" compiler option, that is I've now this value:
"/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/lazarus/lib/i386-darwin;/Developer/lazarus/components/indy-10.2.0.3/lazarus/lib/bug"

I can now build project without this annoying error message about IdFTPCommon.
I get now an "Error while linking" but may be not relative to this. I've tried so much things and modified so much parameters as I've maybe broken something else...

André.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:58:29 am by sinfoni »

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 05:51:34 am »

Yes, I did it many times. It is very easily after you clean out the duplicate .inc files.

IIRC I did use source I already tested on Linux though, so it could be that I already changed all filenames to lowercase using a script before I started testing. I usually do that when I take windows sourcecode to *nix.

P.s. starting new threads with the same question is useless. It will only confuse people.

sinfoni

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 06:03:01 am »
Hi Marcov,

This is not same post because at this time, I just want to know if somebody uses Indy on Mac OS X. And it seems that you are the only one apart me.

As I wrote it above, it appears to be a letter case issue. It proves that there is a bug. So how can you use it without issues ? Do your scripts also rewrote all 'uses' clauses in all units ?

I also ask you more details in first post. But you did not answer about the famous .inc files.

Anyway, it seems to work now, at least until the next issue...

André.   

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 08:34:57 am »
As I wrote it above, it appears to be a letter case issue. It proves that there is a bug.
Yes, it's bug in Indy component. You'd better write about this to Indy developers.

It's not bug of FPC, since FPC has to deal with case-sensitive file names on Unix systems.

thanks,
dmitry

sinfoni

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 03:58:02 pm »
Thanks to you for having pointed out that.

André.

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 04:19:58 pm »
If you are looking for professional TCP/IP classes, consider Synapse:
http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php

I'm not 100% sure if Lukas Gebauer (Author of Synapse) has solved all the problems on OSX, but it might be worth a try.
Maybe you can help him for the missing parts:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=synalist-public

TinyPortal © 2005-2018