Recent

Author Topic: Can you embed the adobe flash player into a lazarus .exe  (Read 10510 times)

kc1043

So I am having a lazarus application built that is going to show some flash .sfw files. It would be great if I could embed the flash player inside the lazarus .exe so that for those that do not have the flash player, they do not need to install flash.

Can this be done through a lazarus application !

My first post here, so Hi guys, nice to meet you all.

fredycc

Re: Can you embed the adobe flash player into a lazarus .exe
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:38:14 pm »
Hi kc1043, Wellcome to Lazaru's Forum; about your question, I don't know about flash and lazarus, but maybe the next post help you.

http://lazarus.firmos.at/index.php?topic=4186.0

kc1043

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:27:40 pm »
that post is useful, thanks, but it does not help me to answer the question. does any know ?

LazaruX

• Lazarus original cheetah.The cheetah doesn't cheat
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 05:22:45 pm »
I know that with Macromedia Flash 8 you could create kinda .exe files, so possibily its posible still now, maybe you can add it as a resource and load it depending on the request, but don't know other solutions

kc1043

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 12:34:32 pm »
Ok, my final bump for this post. So no one knows huh

LazaruX

• Lazarus original cheetah.The cheetah doesn't cheat
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 03:42:23 pm »
Describe me what do you exactly want to do? Just show the .sfw in a separate windows? Or you want it embedded in a form (a kinda frame??) with other controls around it?

I ask this, because if it can be in a separate window, then you could include the flash player with your software (as a separate file, or as a resource), or you can inculude the .exe variant of your .sfw again as external file, or as resource.
But if you want it in a frame, with other controls around it, then I don't know
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:52:52 pm by BPsoftware »

vvzh

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:11:20 am »
For my old Delphi project I used f-in-box component to achieve exactly what you describe. I have not tried to use it with Lazarus thought, because this solution would be Windows-only.

The component is commercial and rather expensive. Since source code is available after purchase only, you can try DLL edition that seems to have free compiled demo version available.

But IMHO, the most convenient and crossplatform way to embed Flash into application written in Pascal is to write a web application. If you want to deploy to the desktop you can use embedded web server (that can be based e.g. on Ararat Synapse examples) and something like Mozilla Prism as a frontend. This does make development and deployment more complicated, but you get complete DHTML/JavaScript/Flash/Video/Audio/Networking-enabled, open source development platform.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018