Recent

Author Topic: [64bit/ActiveX] Is OOP COM/ActiveX supported?  (Read 4855 times)

ralphmaas

[64bit/ActiveX] Is OOP COM/ActiveX supported?
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:38:34 am »
Hi all,

I'm new to Lazarus and need to do some Delphi32 to 64-bit dll interop. My Idea is to use COM/ActiveX for that and I started to create a Lazarus 64-bit project and added some Delphi .tlb and _TLB.pas files.

Then I tried to register this out-of-process COM server but it seems like it is only possible to register it as dll (in-process) but obviously that solution does not work for me.

Can anyone confirm this statement and tell me if support fot OOP COM will be added? Or do I have to do the registration and component-instantiation myself (it does not seem to be too difficult, if you have the Delphi-source ;-)?

Regards,

Ralph.

blwill

Re: [64bit/ActiveX] Is OOP COM/ActiveX supported?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:06:51 am »
Hi Ralph,

I too need to convert a Delphi/32 program over to Lazarus and need it to communicate through COM with AutoCAD.  I'm still a newbie with Lazarus but it looks like it ought to do it.  I've been looking at:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Office_Automation

but haven't made it work yet.  I'd like to hear from you if you have any success with this or how to import a type library into a project.

Thanks and good luck.

Bobby

ralphmaas

Re: [64bit/ActiveX] Is OOP COM/ActiveX supported?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:13:19 am »
Hi Bobby,

thanks for your reply, but I need it to work the other way around. I want to write te server as a OOP COM server, not the client (like in your example).

Import of a typelib in Lazarus seems not te be possible. I use Delphi for that (and for the tlb-editor ;-)

BTW: i've got it to work (the OOP COM server + support for IDispatch invocation of my server object)

Regards,

Ralph.