Recent

Author Topic: install Lazarus with make AS it was build from Lazarus?  (Read 8280 times)

thierrybo

install Lazarus with make AS it was build from Lazarus?
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:29:39 pm »
Hi,

I don't know if subject is understandable  :) When I make lazarus after a subversion update, It reverts to default packages. Is there a way to build Lazarus from the command line and keep packages installed?

thierrybo

Re: install Lazarus with make AS it was build from Lazarus?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:56:34 pm »
I think I found something in wiki (will test later):

Code: [Select]
To link your installed packages do after the above:

[]$ ./lazbuild --build-ide=

thierrybo

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:38:21 am »
Well,

it does not work :

Fatal: Can't find unit LazarusPackageIntf used by codetools
I usually compile lazarus from the tools menu with all options and never really need to choose individual choices, but now I read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Configure_Build_Lazarus and I have a couple of questions.

It seems "IDE" option is the same thing as
./lazbuild --build-ide=, since I get the same error.

Also it seems individual options do not work well, I often get errors, while compiling all packages works.

Also there are some sentences on the wiki I do not understand :

Only the custom packages, that you installed yourself are compiled by calling the compiler directly.

What means "by the compiler directly"? With lazbuild or fpc?

Also
The parts are ordered. That means if you recompile the LCL, all parts below needs to be recompiled as well.
Is this really true? Does this mean that if I check LCL, then I need to check Package Registration, IDE Interface, Synedit, IDE? I hardly believe it, because if you check "Build LCL" from the "Quick Build Options" tab, it only check LCL on the Advanced Tab.

Also
Note: The LCL interface on this dialog only applies to the building of Lazarus (including the LCL). All other IDE features use the compiler options (Project > Compiler options).  
Is this really true? I believed that "Build Lazarus" function only use Options set in "Configure Build Lazarus" form, and in no way use the compiler options set in the current project (it would be absurd).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:21:33 am by thierrybo »

DonaldShimoda

• Parallel Pascal Worlds
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:50:19 pm »
Hi,

I don't know if subject is understandable  :) When I make lazarus after a subversion update, It reverts to default packages. Is there a way to build Lazarus from the command line and keep packages installed?

Dont loss your hair, just open lazarus with the reverted packages, open packages dialog and add or delete a package you dont use, close and build, and you get it working again. Is the easier solution, i do all the time.

HTH

thierrybo

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »
Thanks,

that's what I do, but I also  have a script to update fpc sources, build fpc, update Lazarus sources and build Lazarus. For this script I just want all to be as much automatic as I can. It's just the last part (build Lazarus with the same options as the current version) that does not work automatically.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 08:26:57 am »
Did you try:
  make bigide

I myself build Lazarus from the "Build Lazarus" dialog. Easy enough and configurable.

Juha
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

DonaldShimoda

• Parallel Pascal Worlds
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:33:22 am »
Did you try:
  make bigide

AFAIK big ide dont rebuild your packages. Is work with your build lazarus config rigth?

I myself build Lazarus from the "Build Lazarus" dialog. Easy enough and configurable.

Im a command line people, what can i say?  :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018