Forum > LCL

TMemo selection after focus loss

(1/2) > >>

sfeinst:
I've noticed with the apps I've built, that when I select something in a TMemo and the focus is lost (a dialog is displayed for example), the selection disappears.  I've tried this in other apps (notepad for example) and the selection stays on those.  Is this just how TMemo works or is there a property I can set to keep showing the selection?

typo:
Set the property HideSelection to False.

sfeinst:

--- Quote from: typo on May 08, 2010, 06:04:11 pm ---Set the property HideSelection to False.

--- End quote ---

On what control?  I looked at TMemo and I do not see a HideSelection property.

Martin_fr:
What version of lazarus do you have?

It exists in the latest SVN version.

Maybe it is not published in older Lazarus, then you may still be able to set it from within your code

Memo1.HideSelection := False;

sfeinst:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on May 10, 2010, 02:02:52 am ---What version of lazarus do you have?

It exists in the latest SVN version.

Maybe it is not published in older Lazarus, then you may still be able to set it from within your code

Memo1.HideSelection := False;

--- End quote ---

I am running version 0.9.28.2 beta under Windows.  Under Linux, I am running the same (I think - not at the machine to look at the actual version).  I tried in code, but, that option is not available.  So it looks like I will either need to pull from SVN or wait until a newer version becomes available from Linux distribution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version