Recent

Author Topic: Dynamic Libraries not found  (Read 12231 times)

swegen

Dynamic Libraries not found
« on: May 04, 2010, 08:50:26 am »
hi!has i said before i am a pretty noob programming..just doing this for th school.
I want to use lazarus to connect to a virtual data base machine wich uses sql. The data base uses Postgres. I already have a program wich should connect to the virtual machine, and i am sure this program works because it was made by a teacher and i already saw it work. but everytime i try to use i get an error 'can not load the PosgreSQL client. is it installed? (libpq.dylib)' i have the PostgreSQL client installed but i cannot locate the dynamic libraries. can some1 help me? i rly need this working.

Other info:
mac os version: Mac Os X 10.6.3
Lazarus version :0.9.28.3 beta
PostgreSQL version: 1.10.2

Marc

• Administrator
Re: Dynamic Libraries not found
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:54:09 am »
On a command prompt (terminal)

find / -name libpq.dylib
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

swegen

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:31 am »
i have found libraries now. i copied them to the project directory but the same error appears :S

Troodon

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:00 am »
Are they in the PATH variable? Is the project directory in the PATH variable?
Lazarus/FPC on Linux

swegen

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:12:40 pm »
i copied them to the folder that contains the .lpi file of the lazarus project. isnt this what i should do? :X

Troodon

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »
On Unix the work folder is not in the PATH variable by default. See Installing Dependent Libraries on Mac OS X.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:36:53 pm by Troodon »
Lazarus/FPC on Linux

swegen

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:08:02 am »
i tried to follow that tutorial but i can't find Averages 1.1 or Ratings 1.1..bah! is there another solution? i beg for your help :p i really need to start this project!

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 11:17:20 am »
i tried to follow that tutorial but i can't find Averages 1.1 or Ratings 1.1..bah!
Really? I had quick look at it and found, that these are only examples created in the chapter “Creating Dynamic Libraries.”
They have nothing to do with the information about standard and non-standard locations for dynamic libraries.

swegen

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »
ups :X you are right..but i will reformulate my problem. I have a lazarus program that uses a virtual data base machine and it was not made for me..i need to run it..i was told that in windows or linux the only thing that was needed to do was copy de libraries from postgreSQL for the default folder of the libraries. i have PostegreSQL installed in my mac, and i already checked that the libraries are where they are supposed to be but i am getting the same error as before. Like i said i am pretty noob in this stuff, so, if some1 can explain me in a simple way how i can run this program i would appreciate…

TinyPortal © 2005-2018