Recent

Author Topic: Cross-Platform Install / Use etc  (Read 5163 times)

sprog

Cross-Platform Install / Use etc
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:32:49 am »
Let me explain a few things first. For years I have had an app which I originally wrote in MS Basic / btrieve. I am now trying to decide on how to rewrite it to be cross-platform (My main platform being OS X, and the others Linux and Windows XP / 7). I have decided upon Lazarus as the language / IDE but want a non-installable file system (in other words not MySQL etc) that can be distributed across platforms (eg SQLITE).

Now the questions; if I install Lazarus / sqlite on each platform and compile on each platform, will the file contents be transportable across platforms. My app is a diary /address book one. So if I am using it at home on OS X and then take it on usb (with each platform executable module) to work (Windows XP), will the data persist and be accessible from the windows version?

Hope this is clear.

Also what do I have to do after installing Lazarus (already have on OS X Snow Leopard) to get sqlite to be accessible to the code (which wrapper?)

cheers

davesimplewear

• Davids Freeware
Re: Cross-Platform Install / Use etc
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:10:42 am »
The lazarus wiki has cross compiling instructions, in Linux you would have to have the sqilte3.dev package and sqlite3 package installed and in windows you would need the sqlite and sqlite3.dll in windows/system to access the data

Regards
Dave
All things considered insanity seems the best option

sprog

Re: Cross-Platform Install / Use etc
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:26:51 am »
thank you  :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018