Recent

Author Topic: ESS Model  (Read 27120 times)

Imants

Re: ESS Model
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 07:55:28 am »
I put my port here:
https://tankuproj.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tankuproj/essmodel/trunk

for now:
1)open folder do not work because it uses shell components which was removed even in Delphi :)
2)export to wfm files format do not work because I never used it so I kinda didn't know how to port it
3)drag and drop because they used something even Delphi didn't have now, but I know how to ad it to lazarus so it will be back :)
4)for now I think (I did not tested) there are no Linux support but I will fix that
5)Windows 64 bit not tested maybe it works

There where no problems with interface declaration so I think it is solved in trunk or newest stable version
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:18:40 am by Imants »

Ask

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 06:14:57 pm »
2)export to wfm files format do not work because I never used it so I kinda didn't know how to port it

For the record, you can use TMetafileCanvas class from
components\tachart\tadrawerwmf.pas file

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 11:20:55 pm »
I put my port here:
https://tankuproj.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tankuproj/essmodel/trunk

I still don't see any graphics. The program compiles and runs on Windows32 VM with FPC 2.6.0 but trying to open any *.pas file gives an access violation or arithmetic error.
How did you get a picture? Does it work for others?

FPC trunk does not compile it also because ESSModel defines TClass which is already defined in RTL.
For some reason FPC 2.6.0 compiles it.

There where no problems with interface declaration so I think it is solved in trunk or newest stable version

"Delegation", not "declaration". Anyway, it may be fixed in recent FPC versions indeed.

Juha
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Imants

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 07:43:12 am »
I get access violation too if I try to parse utf8 source with source in ANSI format I have no problem. I use trunk version to compile my project FPC 2.7.1 and it compiles without problems.

Now I am trying to figure out how to loat utf8 source files

edit:
I kinda noticed that my utf8 source files has these 3 symbols "ļ»æ" at the beginning of the file. Someone know is it common to all utf8 files?

edit:
I build program and put it here for now(I think it wil load utf8 source files now):
http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/40bd8f3fa5324c366bd13290a220c1d418d57729/EssModel.rar
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:27:52 am by Imants »

Imants

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 10:09:32 am »
Finally I ported essmodel to Linux now it runs and compiles in at least ubuntu linux with fpc 2.7.1

here is my linux build:
http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/83709b4413cd182584ea58cab8aa912e77be5224/essmodel.tar.gz

here is my new windows build:
http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/f656a65da56ffef22d6d55b41f8460ae217f71ef/essmodel.rar

now I can at last focus on fixing other issues

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 12:03:28 pm »
edit:
I kinda noticed that my utf8 source files has these 3 symbols "ļ»æ" at the beginning of the file. Someone know is it common to all utf8 files?

Thats the UTF-8 BOM (Binary Order Marker). You can leave it there or delete it, like you want. It is not part of the text. It's presence might alter the way the compiler handles your strings from what I remember.

Imants

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:31 pm »
edit:

Thats the UTF-8 BOM (Binary Order Marker). You can leave it there or delete it, like you want. It is not part of the text. It's presence might alter the way the compiler handles your strings from what I remember.

Thanks. In essmodel I just skip it. It is good to know that it is same in every where not some random chars.

Imants

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 04:43:32 pm »
I restored essmodel document generation by replacing ole objects with libxml2 which is multi-platform.

I have some questions now:
1) In windows I used iconv.dll, libexslt.dll, libxml2.dll, libxmlsec.dll, libxstl.dll so someone know where I can find Linux so versions of these files.
2)I know that Windows loads all dll-s which are placed near exe file. Is Linux doing the same?
3)Where could I put essmodel so that all could try and use it? Has lazarus team such place or I need to create my own place?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 04:54:03 pm »
I restored essmodel document generation by replacing ole objects with libxml2 which is multi-platform.

I have some questions now:
1) In windows I used iconv.dll, libexslt.dll, libxml2.dll, libxmlsec.dll, libxstl.dll so someone know where I can find Linux so versions of these files.

There are similar but not identical classes in libraries if FPC and Lazarus.
May require some porting.

2)I know that Windows loads all dll-s which are placed near exe file. Is Linux doing the same?

Unfortunately no. I usually copy .so files to /usr/local/lib and run ldconfig.

3)Where could I put essmodel so that all could try and use it? Has lazarus team such place or I need to create my own place?

Some public source repository is good. Your original version was in sourceforge.net. I think it is a good place.
I was just planning to test your Linux port. If you put the sources into a repo, I will wait a little more.

Juha

Imants

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »
I work from many computers so I always put my source in repository. So my Linux patch is there too now.
I do not know how it will now react with my latest commit with libxml2 (because it requires libxml2.so and other so files) but he was working in Linux yesterday when I last tested (at work) without my latest commit. I think I will try to load library dynamically and if it fails hide documentation menu item.
My Linux version of Lazarus is broken at home so I can't test it now and I am too busy to repair it now.

Soon I think I will need to make a new stable version of this project.

Imants

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 01:25:27 pm »
I checked at least Ubuntu can download libxml packages trough synaptic package manager. And then essmodel works with all documentation generation.
How can I provide these libs to other Linux users or Ubuntu users who aren't instaled these packages. I am little confused because I haven't used Linux too long and do not know how things are done there.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 09:41:05 pm »
How can I provide these libs to other Linux users or Ubuntu users who aren't instaled these packages. I am little confused because I haven't used Linux too long and do not know how things are done there.

You can just document the dependency now and people can install the package.
"libxml" should be available for all distros.

Juha

Imants

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 07:40:53 am »

You can just document the dependency now and people can install the package.
"libxml" should be available for all distros.

Juha

Yes I checked that by installing clean Linux version on virtual machine and it had them all. Only problem was for developers (who would want to use this code) because I needed to install libxml-dev packages to compile project

eastorwest

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 07:43:17 pm »
I found Ess Model 3.0 for Lazarus made by Imants on http://sourceforge.net/projects/essmodelforlaza/.
When trying to run on WinXp Sp2 32bit I got error "The procedure entry point gzdirect could not be located in the dynamic link library zlib1.dll" cause old version of zlib1.dll installed on my operating system. To solve this I copy last version 1.2.7 of zlib1.dll to program directory (see attachment).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:47:37 pm by eastorwest »

Imants

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 08:32:32 am »
Didn't know that it need zlib. I will add yours to download so that all would have it

eastorwest can you tel me what can be improved in essmodel or found bugs if you have try it. Unfortunately I don't have much time to test it :( and I don't particularly know what such a programs should do..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:38:33 am by Imants »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018