Recent

Author Topic: 3D Graphic Library ?  (Read 9712 times)

LinPix

3D Graphic Library ?
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:32:24 pm »
Hello,

I'd like to develop a 3D application. This would be a kind of "generator" and we could preview the object generated in the main windows.

I was wondering which 3D Library I could use. I'd like to have Shadows and Bump mapping and if possible predefined primitive Geometry (Cube, Sphere, Cone, etc...) (otherwise a can write vertex per vertex that's not a problem  ;)).

If I use TOpenglControl will I be able to have Shadows and BumpMapping ? Should I use GlScene ?

Thanks  :)

DarkTy

Re: 3D Graphic Library ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:59:18 pm »

Hi, there is here
http://wiki.freepascal.org/OpenGL
the documentation for openGl Lazzarus
and the components around third parts
and tutorial.

if its application must turn on other device witch pocketPc or others you assure him that the support has been developed for the Shadows and bumpMapping.

LinPix

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:38:14 pm »
Yes, thank you but I knew this page. My problem is in fact that I have to use complex staff like Shadows, GLSL, NormalMapping, ect...
I know we can do it with OpenGl the problem is how in FreePascal ? The tutorial in the wiki about Opengl is really good but doesn't cover this kind of needs (it teachs you how to draw primitive like vertex, faces, etc... but not how to do Bump, GLSL, shadows, ect...).

Of course when I google "OpenGl BumpMapping" I find many tutorials but they are all written for C++ and so I'm lost and I don't know how to do with FreePascal.

That's why I looked for a 3D library which could make my life easier but the problem is that Glscene seems not to have Bump or Parallax mapping (and unfortunately I had problem to install it :(). Kambi VRML engine seems good but it seems that for drawing objects you have to use VRML/X3D specifications ( I would have preferred writing my vertex, faces, edges with Opengl directly).

So I don't know where to go, I'm completely lost...snif  :'( . Any help ? Any professional of 3D Graphics with Opengl in FreePascal lol :D ?

Thanks

LinPix

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:21:03 pm »
Eventually, I'll use Kambi Vrml Engine. It has lot of advanced features and seems to let me write directly for OpenGl (I mean we can but don't have to write with X3D specifications).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018