Recent

Author Topic: IDE Shortcut Keys..  (Read 9176 times)

Raid

IDE Shortcut Keys..
« on: March 22, 2005, 09:21:40 am »
Hey there, was just wondering if there was a way to make the IDE like Delphi (Classic) .. I've gotten everything pretty much (down to F6 being window switch, Alt - F3 being window close, etc), using the custom shortcut keys window.. But, I can't seem to find one for deleting a block of selected text (I want it to be Ctrl - Delete, like the old classic style) .. Thanks for your help!

mikiwoz

IDE Shortcut Keys..
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:45:46 pm »
Why use Ctrl-Delete for this?
If you have the block selected, just hit Delete, it'll be deleted. :)

Raid

IDE Shortcut Keys..
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 08:15:23 pm »
I do anyway, but it's all based off habit.  I had Delphi set to IDE Classic Key Mappings, and well, Ctrl-Delete is delete a selection (back in the Borland Pascal age, it was Ctrl-Delete as well) .. I keep finding myself pressing Ctrl-Delete, and just saying, it would be most helpful if Lazarus could do the same.  (Besides, it would add that much more customization to the already wonderful customization as it is. :wink: )

mattias

• Administrator
    • http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org
IDE Shortcut Keys..
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 09:51:25 am »
Keymapping -> Text Editing -> Delete Char at cursor

Raid

IDE Shortcut Keys..
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 12:31:29 pm »
That does work, but then I can't delete normally.. I use both Delete and Ctrl-Delete (for Selection), classic style.. There's no real way, 'cause I tried using the secondary key as Ctrl-Delete and the normal as just Delete, and it didn't except that, it thought it was the 'same keypress' so it just stayed with the delete.. Thanks for trying anyway.  :)

mattias

• Administrator
    • http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org
IDE Shortcut Keys..
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 07:54:55 pm »
FIxed.

Raid

IDE Shortcut Keys..
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 10:18:32 am »
Thanks! ^_^

TinyPortal © 2005-2018