Forum > LCL

TTrackBar issue

(1/2) > >>

Waco:
Hi, I'd like to be able to change the position of a track bar manually from the application. There's no problem with changing the Position property, but it's obviously just the return value, it cannot backwards influence the real position. So how could I do that?

I tried a few things, but what I don't get is this. I looked in the documentation and it seems that TTrackBar is a subclass of TCustomTrackBar. This class should have some possibly useful procedures. For example, ApplyChanges or FixParams(), but IDE keeps saying that it identifies no member of the TTrackBar class. What is wrong? Thanks for your assistance.

eny:

--- Quote from: Waco on March 28, 2010, 08:28:19 pm ---There's no problem with changing the Position property, but it's obviously just the return value, it cannot backwards influence the real position. So how could I do that?

--- End quote ---
What is it you want to accomplish?
Doesn't the trackbar change if you change the Position value in your code?

Waco:
Well, I was hoping that I could do one thing by two ways. One by moving the track bar and the other one by scrolling on a certain picture, doesn't really matter. But when I scroll I want the track bar to move simultaneously, to avoid any bugs.

Like I explained, the real position of that track bar cannot be influenced by its Position property, it's apparently used only for output, for you to know how's the user changed the track bar. That two procedures I mentioned before seems useful to me, but I don't know how to make them work. Please, can anyone suggest anything?

eny:
Are we talking about a track bar or scroll bar?
(Two different things...)

Waco:
Ah, I shouldn't have written that, it was just confusing. By scrolling I meant only that my application performs certain procedure when you wheel up or wheel down with your mouse. I would like the track bar to move and that's where I have the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version