Recent

Author Topic: 9.26.2 fpc 2.2.2 errors on a clean build win32 win2k  (Read 9035 times)

picstart

9.26.2 fpc 2.2.2 errors on a clean build win32 win2k
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:29:17 pm »
error messages

"Compiling package MemDSLaz 1.2.1" completed
"Compiling package jcfidelazarus 2.0" completed
"Compiling package fpcunitide 0.1" completed
"Compiling package ProjTemplates 1.0" completed
"Compiling package DBFLaz 0.1.1" completed
"Compiling package lhelpcontrolpkg 0.1" completed
"Compiling package ChmHelpPkg 0.1" completed
"Compiling package ringwatch 0.3" completed
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__READSTATE$TREADER
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__GETPARENTCOMPONENT$$TCOMPONENT
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__WSREGISTERCLASS
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__DOONPARENTHANDLEDESTRUCTION
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__CREATECONTROLBORDERSPACING$$TCONTROLBORDERSPACING
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__LOADEDALL
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__DOMOUSEWHEEL$TSHIFTSTATE$LONGINT$POINT$$BOOLEAN
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TWINCONTROL_$__CUSTOMALIGNINSERTBEFORE$TCONTROL$TCONTROL$$BOOLEAN
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TWINCONTROL_$__CUSTOMALIGNPOSITION$TCONTROL$LONGINT$LONGINT$LONGINT$LONGINT$RECT$TALIGNINFO
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__EDITOREDITINGDONE$TOBJECT
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__EDITORKEYDOWN$TOBJECT$WORD$TSHIFTSTATE
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: FPC_EMPTYINTF
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: RESSTR_OBJINSPSTRCONSTS_OISUNABLETOCHANGEPARENTOFCONTROLTONEWPARENT
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: LCLPROC_FREETHENNIL$formal
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Fatal: There were 14 errors compiling module, stopping
I can't use newer versions due to the issues of the non functioning debugger.  How do I fix or work around the above error?

Marc

• Administrator
Re: 9.26.2 fpc 2.2.2 errors on a clean build win32 win2k
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »
What debugger issues ?
(if you don't report, we don't know, we don't fix and you cannot upgrade)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

picstart

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:49:49 pm »
I have reported the debugger issues see 14744. The debugger errors with sigsegv on all versions except 9.26.2 on win2k. The debugger always errors upon start up and also at other times but not with predictability. Anyway 9.26.2 is reliable ( the debugger doesn't crash) except that 9.26.2  errors on a clean build. I really need help with that since I can't add components without lazarus doing a build which is destined to fail.

#msg28992 has been read 9500 plus times  and may show that others also experienced this issue or maybe like rubber neckers and a car accident they are just happy it didn't happen to them.
Any way I in no way want to bite the hand that feeds me. Is there any insight into the build errors above?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:31:29 pm by picstart »

picstart

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:48 am »
I think the problem is probably with a component I added. It would have been much better to have done without it. It is on the toolbar in misc Tcustomshelltreeview.It is in LCL1.0  shellctrls.pas. I know how to install and uninstall my own components from from packages but I have no idea how to uninstall Tcustomshelltreeview and get back to a 26.2 IDE and compiler that will build without error. Help!

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:34:46 am »
I have reported the debugger issues see 14744.
Ah, thanks. Unfortunately as IDE issue and not a debugger issue

The debugger errors with sigsegv on all versions except 9.26.2 on win2k. The debugger always errors upon start up and also at other times but not with predictability. Anyway 9.26.2 is reliable ( the debugger doesn't crash) except that 9.26.2  errors on a clean build. I really need help with that since I can't add components without lazarus doing a build which is destined to fail.

IIRC installed packages are kept in packagefiles.xml, try renaming it or remove the package.
if you want a clean build without packages, you can run "make ide" or "make bigide" on a commandprompt in the lazarus source dir.

#msg28992 has been read 9500 plus times  and may show that others also experienced this issue or maybe like rubber neckers and a car accident they are just happy it didn't happen to them.
Any way I in no way want to bite the hand that feeds me. Is there any insight into the build errors above?

It just happens on some windows installations, not specific win2k. It depends on installed 3rd party components, updated service packs, installed IE, etc.
What happens is that you happen to run in a piece of windows code which generates a hardcoded debugbreak. MS mostly put them at places when params are unexpected or at places where the normal codeflow wouldn't have reached them.

Unfortunately, recovering from such break is hard and most times fails. I haven't looked deeper into it to solve it.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

picstart

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 02:13:41 pm »

I am very frustrated.
Using add remove programs on the control panel I uninstalled
26.2 in Documents and settings\local settings\application data\
I deleted  lazarus
I downloaded and installed a fresh 26.2 win32
Now I looked at the tool bar and the control Customshelltreeview is there
with a default icon from its ancestor class. Then without doing anything else using the tool bar I asked for a build and I get the errors below.

I get the feeling that there creeping dependencies occurring as I use lazarus. Files are being created that may bite me at a future time. Some maybe useful like remembering recent projects but others are more ominous since they involve the compilation itself. If a compilation that worked stops working then confidence is lost. The user may to go back to system backups to restore the integrity of a system compromised by
growing xml files etc. Now components are static and bind the core system to new code as rebuilds occur its a design feature an I can accept that. However there seems to be a no return to the past dependency with packages since after a fresh install in the package manager has a knowledge of prior packages. Where this comes from I haven't a clue.
Anyway I have no idea what is happening perhaps rebuilding immediately after a download never worked but I doubt that since I have installed at a later my own my own packages and the rebuild did work at least once or twice in the past.

C:\lazarus\lcl\lconvencoding.pas(20,2) Warning: User defined: Windows/Wine/ReactOS locale conversion is not fully supported yet. Sorry.
C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\win32\win32int.pp(27,26) Warning: User defined: Fix implicit pointer conversions
C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\win32\win32proc.pp(935,2) Note: User defined: Should be moved to WSWin32Forms, if the windowproc is splitted
C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\win32\win32proc.pp(1019,2) Note: User defined: Belongs in Win32WSForms, but is needed in windowproc
C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\win32\win32proc.pp(1534,27) Warning: Mixing signed expressions and longwords gives a 64bit result
C:\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\win32\win32winapi.inc(211,39) Warning: Mixing signed expressions and longwords gives a 64bit result
"LCL" completed
"SynEdit" completed
"CodeTools" completed
"Package Registration" completed
"IDE Interface" completed
"JIT Form" completed
"Examples" completed
"Compiling package TAChartLazarusPkg 0.0" completed
"Compiling package TurboPowerIPro 1.0" completed
"Compiling package SDFLaz 0.1.1" completed
"Compiling package cgiLaz 0.1.1" completed
"Compiling package Printer4Lazarus 0.5" completed
"Compiling package DBFLaz 0.1.1" completed
"Compiling package SQLDBLaz 1.0.1" completed
"Compiling package ProjTemplates 1.0" completed
"Compiling package fpcunitide 0.1" completed
"Compiling package MemDSLaz 1.2.1" completed
"Compiling package CGILazIDE 0.0" completed
"Compiling package printers4lazide 0.0" completed
"Compiling package RunTimeTypeInfoControls 0.1" completed
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__READSTATE$TREADER
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__GETPARENTCOMPONENT$$TCOMPONENT
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__WSREGISTERCLASS
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__DOONPARENTHANDLEDESTRUCTION
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__CREATECONTROLBORDERSPACING$$TCONTROLBORDERSPACING
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TCONTROL_$__LOADEDALL
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__DOMOUSEWHEEL$TSHIFTSTATE$LONGINT$POINT$$BOOLEAN
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TWINCONTROL_$__CUSTOMALIGNINSERTBEFORE$TCONTROL$TCONTROL$$BOOLEAN
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CONTROLS_TWINCONTROL_$__CUSTOMALIGNPOSITION$TCONTROL$LONGINT$LONGINT$LONGINT$LONGINT$RECT$TALIGNINFO
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__EDITOREDITINGDONE$TOBJECT
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: COMCTRLS_TCUSTOMTREEVIEW_$__EDITORKEYDOWN$TOBJECT$WORD$TSHIFTSTATE
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: FPC_EMPTYINTF
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: RESSTR_OBJINSPSTRCONSTS_OISUNABLETOCHANGEPARENTOFCONTROLTONEWPARENT
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Error: Undefined symbol: LCLPROC_FREETHENNIL$formal
C:\lazarus\ide\lazarus.pp(122,1) Fatal: There were 14 errors compiling module, stopping

picstart

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 02:38:28 pm »
componenttreeview is tripping me up also

I found this reference to the dependency issue.
Automatically migrating the past into the future or the reverse without asking the user whether they want to accept specific dependencies one by one is presumptuous at best. No user wants to time travel and perhaps kill (unknowingly) their own mother before they were born.

Matt Shaffer wrote:

First off, something went messy with my 9.28 install (On Windows); it complained componenttreeview.pas couldn't be found when I tried recompiling the IDE, when it was right in the unit paths directory... so I thought I'd just install 9.28.2, to a different directory. The problem is that this new install seemed to have migrated everything from the old install; that or it's still trying to recompile the old IDE, as it also complained about the same file. I am currently too lazy to try to wipe every trace of lazarus off this machine so I can do a fresh install, unfortunately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your configuration is in
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\lazarus

You need to delete this, if you want a real clean new install

If you want/need more than one installation, you can use the command line option --primary-config-path="C:\foo" In order to add a command line option,. you need to create a windows short-cut, This will allow you to specify it.

And last not least:

- Never mind where you installed Lazarus AND fpc => don't copy or move the folder later. All your config has this folder (including a file called fpc.cfg, in the fpc directory) - Try to avoid spaces and special chars in the path to lazarus and your project. (There had been issues, some may be fixed, but I do not know)

That should be it.

picstart

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:03 pm »
Success Yeah.
The restore from a backup fixed it. I don't like at all the feature that lazarus spreads itself around to more than just the folder lazarus especially with files that may have a material effect.
I now know that among the hundreds and maybe more files in the lazarus folder ....any one of which can and will act as a single point of failure..  there is also a strong dependency to another folder .... documents and settings\local settings\application data\lazarus.
Anyway I hope this is the end of this dependency mess for me.
I will in future when backing up lazarus remember it isn't really a complete backup of lazarus unless I take the Documents and settings as well. I also plan to use backups to unwind any future surprises and avoid the package uninstall that failed at least for me to unwind since it is always hostage to the compiler rebuilding error free. I know there is a lazarus old
lifesaver but anyone of hundreds of files could have been messed with
when installing additional 3rd party packages and that's what kills the recompile and imprisons lazarus.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:03:17 pm by picstart »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018