Recent

Author Topic: About XP Manifest  (Read 25800 times)

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: About XP Manifest
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 12:56:26 pm »
Actually RichMemo is fully working on Windows and OSX, some functionality is also available for Gtk2
I was talking about TRichEdit from KOL-CE, discussed here.

VM_Hacker

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »
Thanks for the reply people.

This is what i want to do Take a look at this attachment

Here's my attempt at recreating the GUI of the application in your screenshot using Lazarus.  O:-)

I think the Lazarus version is better because the TMemo control retains the XP theme.

So go ahead & use Lazarus, it is good enough for modern GUI applications.  :D

JD

Hahaha! Thanks! you almost copy the entire GUI :D but let's go back to my question how this RichText Remain Classic look? not "themed" ?

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 05:02:10 pm »

Hahaha! Thanks! you almost copy the entire GUI :D but let's go back to my question how this RichText Remain Classic look? not "themed" ?

Eh... Obviously, people would really like to help, JD made several tests in Delphi and Lazarus, then even copied your form's looks, but... Seems to me that no one here actually knows the answer. ;)

JD

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 07:23:01 am »

Eh... Obviously, people would really like to help, JD made several tests in Delphi and Lazarus, then even copied your form's looks, but... Seems to me that no one here actually knows the answer. ;)

I tried the RichText control without borders around it but it still dosen't look right. I believe that "themeing" the control was an omission by the developer & the only way to correct it (without re-painting the control's borders on a form) is to make changes to the source code.

Any takers?  :D

JD
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

Paul Ishenin

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 08:05:44 am »
I don't know how that TRichMemo component is working but if it is using windows CreateWindow routing it should pass there WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE flag to have a valid border. Maybe someone passed another flag to get the border?

VM_Hacker

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 07:15:37 am »
Hello Guys, someone told that this RichText was a Third-Party Component It's "wxForm" widget. anyone, has it?

B.R,
VM_Hacker

TinyPortal © 2005-2018