Recent

Author Topic: An idea about adding more functions to the refactoring  (Read 4851 times)

Neo2010

An idea about adding more functions to the refactoring
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:18:34 am »
hi, I have a good idea. How about add this new option to refactoring——highlight all the identitifiers which are in some specific Unit?

If this is implemented, then it will be a great convenience, for example, we can use this option to show which part of our code are windows-os related by highlight all  identitifiers which are in Unit 'Windows'.

anybody from the IDE core team wants to look at this?

regards!
by Neo
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:52:55 am by Neo2010 »
keep it simple!

Neo2010

Re: An idea about adding more functions to the refactoring
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:12:43 am »
Sorry, maybe I didn't make it clear--my point is that if Laz's refactoring can add a new function, which can show all the identifiers in a specific unit?

This is easy to impletmented, but can be very useful when developer want to know which part of his code refered to this unit.  

Or this goal can be achieved in another way -- Adding a new opther, which can let the developer freely set the font color of the identifiers in the unit.

For some direct exemple, I would like to highlight all the os-specific identifiers in a striking color to warning myself or other readers that these codes are os-specific and aren't portable.

Does this have any meaning?

Regards!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:22:31 am by Neo2010 »
keep it simple!

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: An idea about adding more functions to the refactoring
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:23:49 pm »
There are several useful options at the Edit, Search and Tool sub-menus. May be a good idea to start with is to group the ones that can be used for refactoring in a single tool/dialog reusing the current code then expand it.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018