Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus+FPC application bad crash on WinCE  (Read 107763 times)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Lazarus+FPC application bad crash on WinCE
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 02:49:15 pm »
Maybe you need to describe more exactly which steps are necessary to reproduce the bug in the emulator, if necessary using a video from your screen. I found this software to do it:

http://www.wordaddin.com/screenvcr/

For example, I'm not sure what you mean by "with networking on", I am not if my network is on in the same way your network is on and so on ...

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 03:19:49 pm »
I finally managed to reproduce it!!!!!!

It only happens in the WM 6 emulator, that's why I couldn't reproduce. I have always developed with WM 5 emulator ...

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 03:24:47 pm »
There is another bug. Just opening the Task Manager makes my application disappear. If I open a second copy of my application and open the task manager, then it doesn't disappear when I minimize the task manager. Have you noticed that? So I can only reproduce the crash with 2 copies of the app running, one disappeared and one that can't receive input after suspend and will freeze.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 03:45:27 pm »
Can you give me precise instructions to reproduce after a soft reset witout having 2 copies of the app running? It would be good ... I can reproduce with these 2 copies, but this brings more issues in consideration ... and it also takes a long time to load first copy, make it disappear, load second one ...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:48:48 pm by felipemdc »

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 04:55:02 pm »
I managed to reproduce without 2 apps ... you just need to start the taskmanager before opening the LCL App ... otherwise it makes it disappear

chrgra

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 06:29:55 pm »
Felipe,

Can I do something simple to help to solve this issue?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 07:27:08 pm »
The interresting thing about where it freezes is that it doesn't freeze anywhere specific. Simply adding debug code changes where it freezes, which has made it impossible to determine the exact instruction where it freezes.

As far as I found out, when it comes out from suspend AppProcessMessages runs and somewhere while the messages are being handled it just freezes. I commented out parts of the code and it doesn't make any difference, then it just freezes further down. I bet it would even freeze in a NOP.

I think this is an operational system bug, because the same executable and the same TaskManager worked fine with Windows Mobile 5. IMHO WM 6 introduced this bug and the failure is in Microsoft Code.

Now, I don't know if we are doing something which triggers the WM bug ...

chrgra

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2010, 07:44:48 pm »
Felipe,

In the following circumstances it works correct
-lazarus 09.24 with fpc 2.2.0 (you mentioned earlier you don't think the issue  is fpc 2.2.0, but lazarus)
-lazarus 09.26-09.28 with kol-ce but no external library for example lnet. (lazarus snapshot don't compile well with kol-ce)
-I can run a kol program where lnet has been used, but then I cannot use the part of the application where lnet has been involved.

Thus referering to your previous posts. Could I be in a change between lcl 1.0 to lcl 1.1?

Regards Chris Gradussen

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 07:45:46 pm »
Can I do something simple to help to solve this issue?

For the freeze after suspend, I have run out of ideas. For me it's a Windows bug, you could report it to Microsoft.

But I'm not sure this is actually related to your original problem, which was a Crash, or wasn't it? This one isn't a crash, it's a random Freeze in the app which is caused by nothing in the Lazarus code.

I see no evidence that the problems are related, so I need a new way to reproduce the problem in the emulator. You could provide that.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »
-lazarus 09.26-09.28 with kol-ce but no external library for example lnet. (lazarus snapshot don't compile well with kol-ce)

Maybe it's the application size. LCL even stripped has over 1MB ... you could try adding some libs which are big but do nothing ... maybe lot's of FCL units

chrgra

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2010, 09:40:41 pm »
lazarus 09.28.2 fpc 2.2.4 kol-ce 2.88

186KB just crash >:(

so lazarus 09.24 with fpc 2.2.0 works.

Zaher

• parmaja.org
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »
Can i get a copy of yours exe to test it in my devices. (i not like to compile it with my current copy)

On i-Mate/WM5 and Opticon/WinCE5/Win4 my application not freeze after suspend/resume also it connected over wifi to make sync the data.
And i have real customer using my application (2 application).
I am not use KOL
I compile my project in lazarus#22551 and FPC 2.4.0

after rev#22551 Lazarus has many bugs for WinCE but i am busy this days to test it and report.

Wait, i noticed some day (in the past) my application freezed, but i found there is a message box in modal mode behind the my form, it make the the form look like freezed, i can press return key to remove it.

Thanks

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »
On i-Mate/WM5 and Opticon/WinCE5/Win4 my application not freeze after suspend/resume also it connected over wifi to make sync the data.

You won't be able to reproduce it I'm afraid, AFAIK the problems are only with Windows Mobile 6

I compile my project in lazarus#22551 and FPC 2.4.0

For me rev22551 freezes too, no difference.

It surely can be a matter of FPC 2.2.0 vs 2.4.0, but both versions are very different and I don't remember when both were supported in the LCL. And even if we prove that this is the problem, I don't see how this wierd behavior would help FPC developers fix the problem.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2010, 10:43:23 pm »
It would be nice to see a bug tracker from Windows Mobile, but I couldn't find one =( Maybe they don't have a public bug tracker.

Zaher

• parmaja.org
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2010, 11:05:28 pm »
I have SonyEricsson/WM6.1

TinyPortal © 2005-2018