Recent

Author Topic: [newb] Package installation and lazarus rebuild  (Read 5587 times)

shakin89

[newb] Package installation and lazarus rebuild
« on: February 14, 2005, 05:12:23 pm »
hello,
i'm getting started with lazarus, cause i come from borland delphi 6 and want start using lazarus with freepascal.
I've been used to install package to the borland way, so i'm getting a little in trouble with lazarus package.
Ex. i've downloaded indy package and i've unzipped it in lazarus/components/ subdir.
Now i open Component-> Open package file and load indy .lpk file.
Pushing on the compiler options i add the indy source dir to the Other units Files -Fu.
i push Compile button and then Install button. IDE tells me if i want to rebuild lazarus immediately. I answer yes and it starts compiling.
When the compilation has finished lazarus restart but no indy palette appear on the toolbar. opening the package graphs indy appears within the installed package, an clicking on it says that will be installed on the next restart. Restarting again the ide nothing happen again.
Since i haven't found any document on how install a package someone can tell me how i can do?
thank
shak

shakin89

Re: [newb] Package installation and lazarus rebuild
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 06:46:09 pm »
err, i forgot
i' on a debian linux workstation (Sarge aka testing)
Another thing, if i try to rebuild lazarus with examples it gives me the error that does not find the library db1, but the only library that i don't have is libdb1-altdev but i wont't install caus it tries to uninstall 83 packages, even gcc...
uhmm...
shak

shakin89

Re: [newb] Package installation and lazarus rebuild
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 08:15:45 pm »
ok, problem solved.
I installed lazarus in /usr/local/share/lazarus and after rebuild i always started the executable in this directory. I've seen that lazarus build the executable in my home dir, specifically /home/shak/.lazarus/bin/ and put the executable here with the new package linked.
I've got write permission in the /usr/local/share/lazarus, how can i tell the ide to compile the new executable in the original dir?
thanks
shak

jesusr

[newb] Package installation and lazarus rebuild
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 09:48:20 pm »
tools->Configure "Build Lazarus"->Target Directory

TinyPortal © 2005-2018