Recent

Author Topic: Database components Bizarre behavior  (Read 3411 times)

davidshepherd

Database components Bizarre behavior
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:15 am »
Installed sqldb (wondering why I had to, but that's another story), and the Tmysql50connection component is just insane...

When I try to put in a username or password in the object inspector, it JUMPS me to hostname if I type in an 'h'. Presumably this is some form of ide interface 'feature'...  but I'd like it OFF!!!!

(grin)

I mean, what the heck kind of nutty situation is this!

Specs...  laz .9.28.2 on osx 10.4 fpc 2.2.4 intel macbook pro.

I rebuilt laz after installing the component from the gui...  is that perhaps messed up, or is there an osx bug and I need to turn off some kind of ide feature?

Thoughts?  This is just nuts.

davidshepherd

Re: Database components Bizarre behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:15 am »
How's this for dedicated...  I loaded linux and lazarus on another machine and installed the sqldb components.

It let me connect, or, at least let me set it to 'true' for connection without errors.

Had no problem putting in the name or password obviously...

so what's up with the osx version of laz?   Seems more and more like a goofy keystroke saver I need to turn off. In password, it will only let me put in numbers, even if I hit a letter that isn't an option that could jump to an object inspector parameter.

I'm beginning to wonder, maybe lazarus isn't really a viable option on osx? Any thoughts?

The linux version seems much more stable and useful as far as I can tell so far.

clauslack

Re: Database components Bizarre behavior
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:40:12 pm »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018