Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus can't find FPC  (Read 32152 times)

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
Re: Lazarus can't find FPC
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 07:22:00 pm »
are you sure you have the assembler and the linker installed with XCode, at /usr/bin/as and/or /usr/bin/ld?

Jonas Maebe

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 07:22:56 pm »
The above error suggests that you deselected support for UNIX development when you installed Xcode. As the readme on the official FPC installation disk images mentions, you must have installed this for FPC to work (and the official FPC versions will actually refuse to install if you didn't install support for UNIX development, but the Lazarus-packaged versions unfortunately don't include such a check in the installer).

So the solution is: relaunch the Xcode installer and this time do not deselect any of the options that are checked by default.

I reinstalled fpc-xcode-2.24.pkg.  It asked no questions about Unix this time, it just re-installed, and the problem remains.
fpc-xcode-2.2.4.pkg does not install Xcode. It installs templates for use with the Xcode IDE (see the included readme, or the text in the introduction screen that the installer shows when you open that installation package).

Xcode is the name of Apple's IDE and related development tools. It's located on your Mac OS X installation DVD, and newer versions can be downloaded from https://connect.apple.com after registering for a free account (or if you already have an Apple account from the Apple Store or iTunes Store, you can probably use that one as well).

ArriveSoft

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 01:22:38 am »

fpc-xcode-2.2.4.pkg does not install Xcode. It installs templates for use with the Xcode IDE (see the included readme, or the text in the introduction screen that the installer shows when you open that installation package).

Xcode is the name of Apple's IDE and related development tools. It's located on your Mac OS X installation DVD, and newer versions can be downloaded from https://connect.apple.com after registering for a free account (or if you already have an Apple account from the Apple Store or iTunes Store, you can probably use that one as well).

Wonderful, I downloaded XCode and now almost have Lazarus and all of its associated components installed.

After installing XCode for the first time, Lazarus now creates an Executable.
   Project "Project1" successfully built

Unfortunately, it is just a "Unix Executable file", not an application that displays the Form.  Am I setting something wrong when I am creating the project?

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 01:27:49 am »
I guess you need to create an app bundle, see Project -> Project options, first tab
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

ArriveSoft

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 05:02:52 am »
When I click "Build All", it compiles and says "Success...".
When I click on "Create Application Bundle", nothing happens.  I guess this is good.

When I run the project, it says "Debugger Error" - save your work now!

The last lines of the debugger output are:
*stopped,time={wallclock="0.73039",user="0.45286",system="0.23570",start="1261454017.266843",end="1261454017.997232"},reason="breakpoint-hit",commands="no",times="1",bkptno="1",thread-id="1"

(gdb)
<info program>
&"info program\n"
macosx_debug_inferior_status: current status:
              inferior task: 0x4003
                [SIGNAL THREAD]

macosx_debug_inferior_status: information on debugger task:
macosx_debug_inferior_status: information on inferior task:
macosx_debug_inferior_status: information on debugger threads:
  thread: 0x613
  thread: 0x1703
  thread: 0x1b03
  thread: 0x2003
  thread: 0x3903
  thread: 0x4203
  thread: 0x4403
macosx_debug_inferior_status: information on inferior threads:
  thread: 0x4103
~"Program stopped at 0x29d7.\n"
~"It stopped at a breakpoint that has since been deleted.\n"
~"Type \"info stack\" or \"info registers\" for more information.\n"
^done
(gdb)
<-gdb-exit>

I am so close,...

ArriveSoft

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 05:17:39 am »
Although Run does not yet work, a working Application file was created alongside the Unix file,..
 so I am now in business. 

>> This is solved. <<

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 10:54:54 am »
see the Lazarus & Debugger oops etc thread.
its resolved in r23192
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

Phil

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 04:36:38 pm »
Although Run does not yet work, a working Application file was created alongside the Unix file,..
 so I am now in business. 

>> This is solved. <<

Thanks to everyone for your help.

For some reason, Run only works the second time you run a new app on OS X. The first time it creates the app bundle, but does not run. The second time it should run okay. If not, please file a bug report.

Not sure why it takes two runs with OS X.

Thanks.

-Phil

Bolkonskij

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 02:39:53 pm »
Hey everyone,

didn't want to open up a new thread so I'll post here. I have the same trouble about Lazarus not being able to find the FPC. I haven't been able to locate FPC manually either.

I am using a PPC iMac G4 with OS X 10.4.11. I have installed: (all PPC versions)

- Xcode 2.4.1
- Lazarus 0.9.28.2
- fpc 2.2.4
- fpcscr 2.2.4

Can anyone push me into the right direction and help me out with how to get the compiler to work? Thanks a lot :)

(edit: found the same problem here http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,5689.0.html , suggested solution (reinstalling) did not work either)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:17:12 pm by Bolkonskij »

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 02:11:11 am »
how and where did you install fpc ?
How did you configure lazarus to tell where that fpc version is located (environment options)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

Bolkonskij

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 05:00:44 pm »
Hi Marc,

I installed it from .pkg. Like I said, I have no idea where it installed itself to other than onto my harddisk. (There was no way to chose a path during the installation)
I couldn't track it down manually and the suggested directions here (and in other threads) wouldn't help.

What's the default place ?

Jonas Maebe

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 05:27:30 pm »
I installed it from .pkg.

But which .pkg? Where did you download it from? (I guess from sourceforge?)

In any case, please use the FPC installer from ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.2.4/powerpc-macosx/fpc-2.2.4.powerpc-macosx.dmg (you can use the lazarus and fpcsrc releases from the Lazarus download pages in conjunction with this one)

The Mac OS X packages of the FPC releases distributed by the Lazarus team sometimes contain errors. There is an open bug report to remove them from their download pages, but this hasn't been done yet.

What's the default place ?

/usr/local/bin (helper utilities)
/use/local/lib/fpc (version-specific files)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018