Recent

Author Topic: Status of THtmlPort  (Read 8095 times)

Phil

Status of THtmlPort
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:32:21 pm »
The THtmlPort package is now much improved. This is Dave Baldwin's package of HTML viewers ported to Lazarus.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/THtmlPort

If you need an HTML viewer with support for frames or stylesheets, you might find this package useful.

A list of known issues in included in the wiki topic. Please report other issues or behavior (good or bad) that differs from what is listed.

For best results, use a 0.9.29 snapshot or build Lazarus from SVN due to IDE and GTK2 bugs in stable 0.9.28.

Thanks.

-Phil

Wodzu

Re: Status of THtmlPort
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:07:38 pm »
Phil,

It would be great if those comonents could be extended by one important feature:
Append method.

Currently it is not possible to Append some html at the end of already loaded html data.
So if you want to "Append" something, a whole content must be reloaded. I've spoken with the author about this year ago and he said it is not the trivial task.

Anyway I wanted to mention about it  :)

Phil

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:35:46 pm »
Phil,

It would be great if those comonents could be extended by one important feature:
Append method.

Currently it is not possible to Append some html at the end of already loaded html data.
So if you want to "Append" something, a whole content must be reloaded. I've spoken with the author about this year ago and he said it is not the trivial task.

Anyway I wanted to mention about it  :)

I don't have any plans to looks into adding new features - it's enough work just keeping it sort of working on Lazarus (!).

Since you have a workaround I would go with that for now. HTML is pretty easy to process so adding HTML to an existing file and then just reloading the file seems like a pretty straightforward approach. Note that you can also work with HTML in memory - see the htmlabt.pas dialog where they just represent the HTML as a string.

Thanks.

-Phil

Wodzu

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 06:47:55 pm »
Yes, I am using this approach right now, unfortunately it is not fast enough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018