Forum > Translations

Translate the Object inspector...Is it possible?

(1/7) > >>

elender:
Hi Everyone! I'd like to know if there is how to Translate the Object inspector(To brazilian portuguese)...Is it possible? You Know, Instead of Caption it could be "Título", those things. (I think this would help a lot of beginners....)

Olá pessoal... será que tem como traduzir o inspetor de objetos? para potuguês? tipo em vez de Caption poderia ser escrito Título, essas coisas... O que vocês acham?

Ocye:
Please don't do so! It's hard enough to understand non-english variable names but if a type name changes  :o

Martin_fr:
The names shown in the Object Inspector are the same as the names of the properties published by the object.

The object inspector can display properties of any (not only LCL) *registered* object.

The properties can be accessed by the same name in the source code (eg Panel1.Caption := "ABC"; Panel1.Left := 5;).
So it is explicitly wanted that the OI should not display names that differ from the declaration in the source

The only way to have other names in the OI would therefore be, to translate the whole LCL. Doing so would end you with a translated snapshot, and would need to be done from scratch for each new Lazarus release => not a practical solution.

I don't know where the OI get's it's hints from (if hints are enabled in options). I might be possible to rewrite the hint system to use the FPDoc info, and the fpdoc info can be translated...
But as I said: I don't know to much about the hints in the OI...

theo:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on December 03, 2009, 06:05:21 pm ---I don't know where the OI get's it's hints from (if hints are enabled in options). I might be possible to rewrite the hint system to use the FPDoc info, and the fpdoc info can be translated...

--- End quote ---

Or the Infobox at the bottom of OI (if enabled in Options).

Blaazen:
I remeber some older versions of Microsoft Excel. It had completely translated macros (in Visual Basic) to czech language. Everybody hated it.
I want keep Lazarus in english. In OI is some fifty english words and it is not so hard to learn them. English is international language of programmers and many people has installed some vocabulary application. Also for beginners it is good - they learn english and programming at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version