Forum > Translations

local svn lazarus -> how to see changes in po files?

(1/2) > >>

thierrybo:
Hi,

Some month ago I send small patch for my language. At this time, I didn't saw the final result until the next release.

Now that I'm more comfortable with svn, I want to test my changes before sending it.  I downloaded lazarus from svn, made a change to po files. What I did not found in wiki is what to do thereafter? I suppose the build process incorporates these changes automatically but this is not stated anywhere.
 I compiled with make, and I saw my changes in IDE screen, fine. Then I started translate some additional strings, 'make clean all', and so on.
But suddendly after a while I lost all my translation from t he beginning. I mean they are in the .po file, but none of my changes is displayed. What I don't understand is that is work for a while.

Vincent Snijders:
.po files are not compiled in the application, but are read at run time. Is the file still at the location it used to be.

To use the local changes using svn, you can use the following command in the svn dir:
--- Code: ---svn diff
--- End code ---
TortoiseSVN has "Create Patch" and "Check for modifications".

thierrybo:

--- Quote from: Vincent Snijders on November 01, 2009, 08:11:28 pm ---.po files are not compiled in the application, but are read at run time. Is the file still at the location it used to be.

--- End quote ---

Well, this is not my local lazarus behavior. If I delete lazaruside.fr.po, then run lazarus, it is still in french!?

Vincent Snijders:
What is your lazarus dir (see environment options)?

What is the location of the deleted .po file?

thierrybo:
I checkout in ~/Sys/local/opt/lazarus_svn/

deleted po file was ~/Sys/local/opt/lazarus_svn/languages/lazaruside.fr.po

lazarus dir is ..  :o /usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.28.2/  How does this change? I mean, when I checkout and built the first time, I checked this and it was pointing to ~/Sys/local/opt/lazarus_svn/  , this explains that it work at first time. I did not checked this thereafter. I delete ~/.lazarus/ often, and my stable lazarus use ~/.lazarus-stable/ as primary config path to avoid conflict with SVN. So I did not explain how it use the directory from where I run Lazarus at first, then change to my lazarus stable version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version