Recent

Author Topic: TDataModule  (Read 8619 times)

slukacs

TDataModule
« on: January 27, 2005, 09:58:47 pm »
what module is TDataModule coded in?

i ask because when i start a new DataModule and i click on "Find Declaration" lazarus can not seem to find it.  i am a bit afraid to use the Forms module because it might contain visual components and i definitely do not want that.

lucas

slukacs

TDataModule
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 04:12:06 pm »
so , i don't get it.  first, what does the directive UseFCLDataModule mean?  TDataModule under Forms.pas is under {$IFNDEF UseFCLDataModule}.

which i also don't get because when i add a DataModule from the New menu it gives me the properties and events of a TForm, i think, and none of the properties and events of a TDataModule as defined in Forms.pas.  actually, when i first add the module, the inspector does show the right properties and event for TDataModule, but as soon as i click on the visual DataModule itself, it seems to change to a form of the type TNonFormDesignerForm.  and non of the proper TDataModule properties and events are available in the inspector.  so what is up with that?

so how do i use the true TDataModule and descend from it in my web module design?

lucas

Lightning

TDataModule
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 08:11:21 pm »
I think you will get more answers on the list or IRC.
The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
Think Open and Lightning Fast!

slukacs

TDataModule
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 07:08:18 pm »
by IRC do you mean a newsgroup?  a real one.  what newsgroups exist for FPC and lazarus.

lucas

Lightning

TDataModule
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 09:22:53 am »
By IRC i mean IRC(Interned/Intranet Relay Chat), use an IRC client like mIRC, X-Chat, GAIM, ...
The channels are #lazarus-ide and #fpc on  irc.freenode.org.
For the mailing list see:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=StaticPage&file=index&sURL=maill
The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
Think Open and Lightning Fast!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018