Recent

Author Topic: TSpeedButton Glyph weirdness porting D7 vs. TImageList?  (Read 5487 times)

headgap

TSpeedButton Glyph weirdness porting D7 vs. TImageList?
« on: January 21, 2005, 12:02:37 am »
Have successfully ported a D7 app onto Laz/Lin/Gtk, resulting in a 45Meg executable (roughly 15 forms, lots of TFontMetric style code).

Notable things that didn't port (yet, perhaps, hopefully?) are Right-to-Left Unicode Fonts (Hebrew, Arabic), FillRect using a TBrush other than one of the Gtk system ones, GetOutlineFontMetric, DrawText with pDX support (have coded to work around this one), various Palette-related things (such as GetDIBColorTable), others.

Nice to have would be: TEvent, TThread, GetOutlineFontMetrics, TGifImage, better custom Clipboard format support, cut/paste TBitmap, cut/paste Html.

Anyways, I digress...

When opening an existing D7 app via a .pas with associated .dfm, if the ToolButtons are TToolButton with individual Glyphs, all is fine.

But, if they are TSpeedButtons pointing to a TImageList, the results are garbled on SaveAll, though they initially load from the .lfm fine. The Data of the TImageList (garbled) is different from that of the original.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated, as I'm running with minimal custom Icons at the moment.

What does work, fyi, are: Win97 RTF import/save, Jpeg, Tiff, Bmp, Png embedded images, drawing Tables on a Canvas, custom Text colors (but not background colors), embedded MySql support, gobs of TextMetric related code, TTreeView with CheckBoxes on Items, TListView with Checkboxes on items. And no crashes (well, if a Jpeg is bigger than 150Meg (compressed) or so, then sometimes LazJpeg has issues  :roll:

Marc

• Administrator
TSpeedButton Glyph weirdness porting D7 vs. TImageList?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:27:33 am »
The imagelist support in Lazarus is a bit limited at the moment. Making it more widgetset native is the next item on my todo list. (first finish listviews)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

TinyPortal © 2005-2018