Recent

Author Topic: QT - How does it work?  (Read 9034 times)

Dibo

QT - How does it work?
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:36:27 pm »
Hi,
I wonder how the QT framework work in Lazarus? Is the only thing I have to do is select the type of widget in the compiler options? That's all? Now I'm working on QT? I use this same standard component palette? Because if the QT is a framework, so why my output exe file is not reduced? Is it possible compile sources of QT into application, so that there was no need to include external libraries such as QTCore4.dll? I want to use QT on Windows Mobile
Regards

Phil

Re: QT - How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:39:48 pm »
You also need the libqt4intf.dll that Den Jean creates. This proceduralizes the Qt objects. The qt4.pas unit in interfaces\qt uses this DLL and provides the Pascal function declarations used throughout the LCL qt interface code. At one time libqt4intf.dll only depended on qtcore and qtgui but now appears to require most of the qt libraries.

Thanks.

-Phil

• KSP website
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:27:01 pm »
Hi,
I wonder how the QT framework work in Lazarus? Is the only thing I have to do is select the type of widget in the compiler options? That's all? Now I'm working on QT? I use this same standard component palette? Because if the QT is a framework, so why my output exe file is not reduced? Is it possible compile sources of QT into application, so that there was no need to include external libraries such as QTCore4.dll? I want to use QT on Windows Mobile
Regards
Yes, it uses those libraries

Dibo

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:46:47 pm »
How Opera browser use the QT library? QtCore4.dll (2.5 MB) QtGui4.dll (11 MB) QtNetwork4.dll (1.3 MB) QtWebKit4.dll (19 MB) and mingwm10.dll (16 KB). These libraries are required to run applications compiled in widget QT. How Opera do this? Compiles source into own exe?
Overall, QT is pretty cool, especially when it comes to performance, but because of the size of libraries is not suitable for most applications

mica

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:01 pm »
Opera isnt using Qt on Windows Plattform.
Opera has never been based on Qt. Opera developed its own lightweight portability layer, to be able to move to all kinds of platforms, even where no cross platform toolkits are available. Opera for Linux is using Qt the same way as Opera for Windows is using Windows API:s to connect to the platform.
http://my.opera.com/kilsmo/blog/2008/01/29/opera-is-not-based-on-qt