Recent

Author Topic: Feature request: Project Groups  (Read 4998 times)

Chemware

Feature request: Project Groups
« on: December 24, 2004, 02:15:29 am »
Hi everyone,

as a long-time Delphi coder (since TP5) i have been been very pleasantly surprised with the performance and behaviour of Lazarus. many kudos to the team !

one Delphi feature, that i think should not be too hard to implement, is the Project Group. this entity can contain a number of projects.

the reason i ask this is that complex sets of components (such as the ZeosDB components, or some of my own) contain many projects and several demonstration applications. these are much easier to work with than many individual projects, particularly when they depend on each other in complex ways.

cheers,

Mat

Lightning

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 10:27:46 pm »
This might be a good ideea, for now we have this forum, the mailing list (more active),  the #fpc and #lazarus-ide channels on irc.freenode.org (verry active), the LazarusCCR website where most docs ca be found and also projects.
For porting Zeos to Lazarus please contact the Zeos project manager, you will find more information there, for now the problems are FPC related, Variants are not fully supported but the FPC team is working on it.
If you do not want to contact the Zeos team you can send e-mail to the Lazarus list and i will send your modifications to the Zeos team but i think you should do that yourself.
As soon as we have Variants working we might be able to compile Zeos.
The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
Think Open and Lightning Fast!

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 09:23:08 am »
Chemware, you better ask your questions on the mailing list rather than the IRC-Channel. Not all developers use IRC, but all developers read the mailing list and give you guidance there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018