Recent

Author Topic: Web Development  (Read 32871 times)

Troodon

Re: Web Development
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 02:34:19 am »
You had just created another code maintenance nightmare!

bee, I'm sorry but, here again, you don't pay attention to what you read. First, like I said, I used to run a website, that means I maintain(ed) my own software. Second, I used to, which means that website doesn't exist anymore. The point in my posting was simply that pieces of code written in several programming languages, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, can interact to create a seamless web site. I did that mostly as an exercise.
Lazarus/FPC on Linux

matthius

• Creating VRAD...
    • LIBERLOG - Développement rapide
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 02:06:43 am »
M. GIROUX
13 rue Tanguy PRIGENT
35000 RENNES - France
(33)(0)2 23 46 06 54
http://liberlog.fr

kapibara

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 04:54:19 am »
Thank you!

However, there seems to be a name conflict for unit AddDirToPkgDlg. It prevented installation.

Lazarus unit AddDirToPkgDlg used by ide.pas cannot be found. There is a unit with the same name in the ExtPascal/packager directory. Upon uninstalling ExtPascal, Lazarus compiled again.

ExtPascal is now UTF8 compatible :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/extpascal/files/ExtPascal%20Ext%203.2.1/
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.2.2 / Kubuntu 22.04 - 64 bit

cappe

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 06:52:11 am »
The same error that gives me too, I was able to install it, but modifying it. Unfortunately in this period I have little time, as soon as I can I see if I can fix it. I make a premise, I'm learning about lcl components.

cappe

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2021, 10:01:44 am »
Thank you!

However, there seems to be a name conflict for unit AddDirToPkgDlg. It prevented installation.

Lazarus unit AddDirToPkgDlg used by ide.pas cannot be found. There is a unit with the same name in the ExtPascal/packager directory. Upon uninstalling ExtPascal, Lazarus compiled again.

ExtPascal is now UTF8 compatible :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/extpascal/files/ExtPascal%20Ext%203.2.1/

How did you install it? If you try the old system it should only work that you have to modify extp_proj_intf.pas and it should install. For the functioning is another matter.

egsuh

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2021, 04:12:01 pm »
@Lord_ZealoN

You said your client wants web-server based service. I think if you have program written in Free Pascal, it would be the best to use fpcweb --- CGI or FCGI. FCGI works fine on NGINX.

I've developed a web server. Server part has to some computations like expression parsing and evaluation.  I use that code written in Free Pascal (originally written in Turbo Pascal).
As the input form at the browser part has to be created dynamically, that part was written in javascript.

Not sure whether PHP would be easier to do my job, but I'm not interested in PHP.

kapibara

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2021, 06:03:15 pm »
I removed ExtPascal for now, so Lazarus could be compiled again. Reported the problem here so maybe it can be fixed and then I will make another attempt.

How did you install it? If you try the old system it should only work that you have to modify extp_proj_intf.pas and it should install. For the functioning is another matter.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.2.2 / Kubuntu 22.04 - 64 bit

TinyPortal © 2005-2018