Recent

Author Topic: How to enable the fpc internal linker to link objects with -Xi?  (Read 642 times)

TYDQ

I have looked up the fpc manual and noticed the fpc manual tell me -Xi can use fpc internal linker to link objects.However,when I trying to add -Xi command to link the generated objects,I was very upset discovering the generated objects are not linked together to one file.I have used -e to try to set the export file name but I fails,either.
So Does anyone have the idea with using fpc internal linker to link objects together and give me an example to link?Must it be a library source code(example as library mydll) or program source code(example as program test)?

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: How to enable the fpc internal linker to link objects with -Xi?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 07:53:19 pm »
The internal linker afaik only makes end binaries (DLL, EXE), not intermediate binaries like .a or .o

TYDQ

Re: How to enable the fpc internal linker to link objects with -Xi?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 04:53:09 am »
The internal linker afaik only makes end binaries (DLL, EXE), not intermediate binaries like .a or .o
That is very upset for me however the gcc and ld can link intermediate binaries like .o to end binaries.
And if I want to link the imtermediate binaries,Must I turn to ld not the fpc(which like fpc -Xi system.o)?
And,how to specify the artitecture of CPU due to -P<x> can't be used in the newest fpc,the -t<x> command cannot specify not to read fpc.cfg,do you have the idea for cross compiling about corrent command?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 06:18:54 am by TYDQ »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018