Forum > Beginners

How to enable the fpc internal linker to link objects with -Xi?

(1/1)

TYDQ:
I have looked up the fpc manual and noticed the fpc manual tell me -Xi can use fpc internal linker to link objects.However,when I trying to add -Xi command to link the generated objects,I was very upset discovering the generated objects are not linked together to one file.I have used -e to try to set the export file name but I fails,either.
So Does anyone have the idea with using fpc internal linker to link objects together and give me an example to link?Must it be a library source code(example as library mydll) or program source code(example as program test)?

marcov:
The internal linker afaik only makes end binaries (DLL, EXE), not intermediate binaries like .a or .o

TYDQ:

--- Quote from: marcov on May 30, 2024, 07:53:19 pm ---The internal linker afaik only makes end binaries (DLL, EXE), not intermediate binaries like .a or .o

--- End quote ---
That is very upset for me however the gcc and ld can link intermediate binaries like .o to end binaries.
And if I want to link the imtermediate binaries,Must I turn to ld not the fpc(which like fpc -Xi system.o)?
And,how to specify the artitecture of CPU due to -P<x> can't be used in the newest fpc,the -t<x> command cannot specify not to read fpc.cfg,do you have the idea for cross compiling about corrent command?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version