Forum > LCL

add picklist to tvaluelisteditor value

<< < (2/2)

wp:

--- Quote from: babycode on May 16, 2024, 10:38:27 pm ---A little demonstration of what I'm trying to do. When clicking the load button, the data from the permissions table must be loaded into the valuelisteditor, and the user can change the value of the fields. But I wanted to add a pick list so that the user could only select true or false.

--- End quote ---
Could you please rewrite the demo to use a more standard database system? I don't have a running version of PostgreSQL, and I don't want to spend the time to set it up correctly "just for a forum post". SQLite3 or even a file-based database such as TBufDataset would be perfect.

babycode:

--- Quote from: jamie on May 17, 2024, 12:03:23 am ---its your  xxx.Strings.BeginUpdate and xxx.Strings.EndUpdate.

You are locking your strings.

use the outer update..

MyValueListEditor.BeginUpdate;

MyValueListEditor.EndUpdate.

--- End quote ---

It worked! I can't believe it was something simple  :o. Thank you so much Jamie!  :D

babycode:

--- Quote from: wp on May 17, 2024, 12:20:44 am ---
--- Quote from: babycode on May 16, 2024, 10:38:27 pm ---A little demonstration of what I'm trying to do. When clicking the load button, the data from the permissions table must be loaded into the valuelisteditor, and the user can change the value of the fields. But I wanted to add a pick list so that the user could only select true or false.

--- End quote ---
Could you please rewrite the demo to use a more standard database system? I don't have a running version of PostgreSQL, and I don't want to spend the time to set it up correctly "just for a forum post". SQLite3 or even a file-based database such as TBufDataset would be perfect.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for responding wp, the solution Jamie proposed solved the problem. In the next few years I will do a demo if possible with more accessible databases. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version