Forum > QT

QT5 : Caption form with <n>

(1/2) > >>

Tdecnj:
Environment :    Lazarus 2.2.6 , x86-64_64-linux-qt5, FPC 3.2.2,
                        Ubuntu 22.04, KDE Plasma 5.24.7,
                        KDE Frameworks 5.98.0, Qt 5.15.3, X11,
                        libqt5pas-dev 2.6+2.0.8+dfsg-2 and libqt5pas1 2.6+2.0.8+dfsg-2

Hello,
I'm having a curious display problem with QT5. The problem is as follows: at random, the form title appears followed by <2>. For example, if at design, Caption contains 'Form1' the display will show "Form1<2>". This happens inside and outside the IDE, compiled with or without debugging. Changing caption (e.g. 'form1' or 'Main form') in the OnCreate event the <2> disappears, but if, still in the OnCreate event, I put 'Form1' back the <2> returns. Any idea what may be causing this issue?
Thanks.
See little project in attachment

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: Tdecnj on May 01, 2024, 02:23:41 pm ---Any idea what may be causing this issue?
--- End quote ---

This is likely your window manager adding this suffix if it detects a window of the same process with the same title. Had noticed that on a Kubuntu a few weeks ago as well (independant of Lazarus, cause it was a C++ application at work using raw X11).

Bart:
IIRC same on GTK2.

Bart

Zoran:
When debugging, in Lazarus designer you have forms with same names. Then window manager adds <2>.
Try to close Lazarus and start your application outside the IDE. Does it happen?

cdbc:
Hi

--- Quote ---Try to close Lazarus and start your application outside the IDE. Does it happen?
--- End quote ---
Yes, I get that consistently on Qt5.
Regards Benny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version