Forum > FPC development

[SOLVED] TimeStampToMSecs function returns an invalid value on win32

(1/1)

korba812:
I just updated the win32 compiler (trunk) and noticed that timestamp database fields are incorrectly displayed. After analysis, the problem is TimeStampToMSecs function, which returns an invalid value. However, if I modify this function and use a constant cast to Int64 type then function returns correct value.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---program Project1; uses  SysUtils; // from Sysutils.TimeStampToMSecsfunction TimeStampToMSecs1(const TimeStamp: TTimeStamp): Int64;begin  result := TimeStamp.Time + timestamp.date * msecsperday;end; function TimeStampToMSecs2(const TimeStamp: TTimeStamp): Int64;begin  result := TimeStamp.Time + timestamp.date * Int64(msecsperday);end; var  TS: TTimeStamp = (Time: 40811000; Date: 738998); begin  WriteLn(TimeStampToMSecs1(TS));  WriteLn(TimeStampToMSecs2(TS));  ReadLn;end. 
Where does the problem lie? Compiler bug or lack of casting in the TimeStampToMSecs function?

alpine:

--- Quote from: korba812 on April 22, 2024, 04:56:25 pm ---Where does the problem lie? Compiler bug or lack of casting in the TimeStampToMSecs function?

--- End quote ---

Arithmetic overflow into the first one. Obviously it is the casting.

BTW, compiler gives a hint:
project1.lpr(9,10) Hint: Converting the operands to "Int64" before doing the add could prevent overflow errors.

korba812:
Ah, now I see. I just checked the stable release sources and there TimeStampToMSecs function returns a value of comp type. In trunk it has been changed to Int64 and indeed requires a cast. I will report this in the bugtraker.

..edit..

The problem has already been solved in trunk, and I accidentally use old sources... Sorry for the noise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version