Forum > QT

Distro has depreciated qt5pas-dev how to build?

(1/2) > >>

TheMouseAUS:
My distro decided to depreciate qt5pas-dev so I am now unable to build with qt5. I am trying to figure out where and how to build it for myself. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

TheMouseAUS:
Ok I have been digging around and I have got Lazarus 3.2 to use libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15 to a point.

dogriz:
In /lazarus/lcl/interfaces/qt5/cbindings/ you have README.TXT to help you to compile pascal Qt interface from source.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: TheMouseAUS on April 14, 2024, 11:21:39 pm ---My distro decided to depreciate qt5pas-dev so I am now unable to build with qt5. I am trying to figure out where and how to build it for myself. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

--- End quote ---

If you mean that your distro has libqt5pas but not libqt5pas-dev then its easy, in practice all the -dev library is is a symlink to the basename.so

eg -

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---dbannon@dell:~/Pascal/tomboy-ng/source$ ls -la /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas*lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      19 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so -> libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      19 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so.1 -> libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      19 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so.1.2 -> libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2689976 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15
Without the -dev package, you don't get the  libQt5Pas.so symlink, needed at link time. So, create it.

If you meant to say you cannot get the actual library, in this case, libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15 then its only a touch harder. As dogriz said, instructions in the source, its easy but a time consuming process so I have made available precompiled and packaged one at https://github.com/davidbannon/libqt5pas, there you will find debs and rpms. Also, just a plain tgz of the libarary and further instructions to put in in place on a system that does not use one of those packages. And you will find the scripts I use to build and package ....

Davo

TheMouseAUS:
Thanks for your help.

My distro just updated Lazarus from 2.2.6 to 3.2 and depreciated QT5pas at the same time but I thing the issue is deeper than that.

I actually used your package to start with but I was having issues so I thought I would build from scratch using the info in  /lazarus/lcl/interfaces/qt5/cbindings/ as suggested by dogriz but still had issues with things not opening correctly. I ended up creating a VM with Fedora and set that up (Lazarus 2.2.6) as I really need it working as I am currently in the middle of a Project.

Errors both with packaged libQt5Pas and built one :-
I use IpHtmlPanel in my project and IpHtmlPanel.Scroll(hsaEnd) but it errors on unable to find hsaEnd (i know it exists as I checked iphtml.pas in the turbopower_ipro folder. Project also complains that it cannot find IpHtml (2.2.6 would do that sometimes as well) so I thought I would add via the Poject Inspector just to see what would happen and I got "Unable to create KIO worker. Can not create a socket for launching a KIO worker for protocol 'file' " so I gave up as i dont have time ATM to deal with this.

These issues were also present when I compiled the IDE to use QT6 and attempted to compile the project using QT6.

--- Quote from: dbannon on April 15, 2024, 01:26:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: TheMouseAUS on April 14, 2024, 11:21:39 pm ---My distro decided to depreciate qt5pas-dev so I am now unable to build with qt5. I am trying to figure out where and how to build it for myself. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

--- End quote ---

If you mean that your distro has libqt5pas but not libqt5pas-dev then its easy, in practice all the -dev library is is a symlink to the basename.so

eg -

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---dbannon@dell:~/Pascal/tomboy-ng/source$ ls -la /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas*lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      19 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so -> libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      19 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so.1 -> libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      19 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so.1.2 -> libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2689976 Sep  5  2023 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15
Without the -dev package, you don't get the  libQt5Pas.so symlink, needed at link time. So, create it.

If you meant to say you cannot get the actual library, in this case, libQt5Pas.so.1.2.15 then its only a touch harder. As dogriz said, instructions in the source, its easy but a time consuming process so I have made available precompiled and packaged one at https://github.com/davidbannon/libqt5pas, there you will find debs and rpms. Also, just a plain tgz of the libarary and further instructions to put in in place on a system that does not use one of those packages. And you will find the scripts I use to build and package ....

Davo

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version