Forum > Windows (32/64)

Complex package installation problem

(1/6) > >>

JonBondy:
I have used Delphi for decades, but I am new to Lazarus.

I installed Lazarus on D: on my Win 11 system, and that may have been a horrible idea.  After lots of problems (including bad paths specifying C:) I uninstalled Lazarus and installed it fresh on C:

That did not improve things, because I think I need to generate Win32 code from my Win64 system, and cross compiling was not working.  So, again, I uninstalled Lazarus, and installed the Win32 version.

I am still having lots of problems.

I am trying to get the LazAudioPlayer to compile on my machine.  The files that come with LAP include some of the components and their source code.  As a newbie, I flailed around trying to get the compiler to see the components in the LAP directory tree. In the end I used the online package manager to install the RackCtls package (no error messages so far, but I may have not gotten there yet) and repeatedly installed and uninstalled ACS.  I downloaded the ACS in ZIP format but have no idea where to put the contents. 

At the moment, the error message that has persisted after repeated uninstalls and installs of Lazarus is that file acs_mixer cannot be found, even though there is a copy in the directory tree under LAP (but not in any directory tree associated with Lazarus) as well as one here:
C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\lazarus\onlinepackagemanager\packages\acs\src\filters

I see LOTS of "duplicate unit" messages.  For example, for acs_types I find

"D:\Delphi\Lazarus\Audio Player\lib\i386-win32\acs_types.ppu" -- in the LAP directory tree
and
"laz_acs_lib 3.0.3", ppu="C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\lazarus\onlinepackagemanager\packages\acs\packages\lib\i386-win32\acs_types.ppu",
source="C:\Users\jon\AppData\Local\lazarus\onlinepackagemanager\packages\acs\src\filters\acs_types.pas"

I need to get back to a clean installation, at least as regards paths and libraries/packages.  I had hoped that uninstalling and reinstalling Lazarus would do that, but some stuff must not be getting wiped (probably stuff in the LAP directory tree).  I don't know what to delete in the LAP directory tree.

I know this is a flailing and ill-defined problem description, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

JonBondy:
I am now getting the attached message.  I deleted all of the files in the LAP directory tree under ACS, and then all hell broke loose.  So I'm screwed if there are two identical units, and I am also screwed if there is only one.

Frustrating.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: JonBondy on March 24, 2024, 03:31:56 am ---I am now getting the attached message.  I deleted all of the files in the LAP directory tree under ACS, and then all hell broke loose.  So I'm screwed if there are two identical units, and I am also screwed if there is only one.

Frustrating.

--- End quote ---

Read the error message. You have more than one acs_audio installation on your PC.

This happened because you used Online Package Manager which writes to a location, and then you manually installed to another location (components). Pick one, either one, and physically delete it. Not just the LAP directory... everything in the duplicated ACS Audio install. Rebuild your IDE.

There is no issue with installing to any drive or directory. You didn't check the "overwrite previous IDE configuration" check box during install. So it kept the foobar'd settings from a previous install.

dseligo:

--- Quote from: dsiders on March 24, 2024, 04:03:40 am ---There is no issue with installing to any drive or directory. You didn't check the "overwrite previous IDE configuration" check box during install. So it kept the foobar'd settings from a previous install.

--- End quote ---

Or he could check option 'Create a new secondary installation' during install and put config files (and packages) to a place of his choice.

JonBondy:
Thanks @dsiders. 

I deleted the ACS folder under the LAP folder and tried to rebuild the IDE, but that failed.  I then went to the Online Package Manager (OPM) and removed Laz_ACS.  Then the IDE would re-compile.

I now get stuck because file acs_volume cannot be found.  It does exist on disk, but only in folders under the OPM's folders.  That is, the only place the file exists is where I instructed the OPM to uninstall ACS.  I imagine that it should exist elsewhere, but I don't know where that would be.  Perhaps ACS was installed in some manner other than OPM: if I could uninstall it there and then reinstall it there, perhaps things would improve.

I would be happy to uninstall and reinstall Lazarus, if you think that would help.

I would be happy to delete everything in the OPM's folder(s) if you think that would help.

Jon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version