Forum > Editor

More Normal Mode for Lazarus Editor

(1/2) > >>

yay:
Hello all,

Is there a way to—for lack of a better word—make the text editor within Lazarus act like a more normal text editor? This is specifically in regard to the carat, and how it floats around in white space where nothing has been written.

Thank you.

marcos-ebm:
ide options --- editor --- Allow Caret to move past the end of line

Thaddy:
You have seem to have missed the point that for example commenting in an understandable way becomes a lot more readable. I would not want to read your code when that feature was missing.
( I suppose you do not comment your code at all )
Btw all industry standard code editors support this: may be the new normal, yay.
Get your paragimn right.

yay:

--- Quote from: marcos-ebm on March 18, 2024, 06:55:50 pm ---ide options --- editor --- Allow Caret to move past the end of line

--- End quote ---

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

--- Quote from: Thaddy on March 18, 2024, 06:56:02 pm ---You have seem to have missed the point that for example commenting in an understandable way becomes a lot more readable. I would not want to read your code when that feature was missing.
( I suppose you do not comment your code at all )
Btw all industry standard code editors support this: may be the new normal, yay.
Get your paragimn right.

--- End quote ---

I don't see what this has to do with my ability to write comments at all.

Thaddy:
But it has to do with writing proper code properly formatted. You forget about the majority in this world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version