Forum > Embedded

fpcupdeluxe and the Pico

<< < (3/12) > >>

DonAlfredo:

--- Quote ---While good to hear, my tests here indicate that fpcupdeluxe is still getting its Pico compiler from Michael's gitlab repo FPC source, static for a year or so.

--- End quote ---
The latest release of fpcupdeluxe should use normal FPC trunk !

dbannon:
Yep, fresh download just now, fpc comes from https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source ! Great.

But Lazutils is not building -

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---fpcupdeluxe: Executing: /usr/bin/make --directory=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus USESVN2REVISIONINC=0 FPC=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.sh PP=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/ppcx64 PREFIX=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus INSTALL_BASEDIR=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus LAZARUS_INSTALL_DIR=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus/ FPCDIR=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc FPCMAKE=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpcmake PPUMOVE=/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/ppumove OPT=-vw-n-h-l-d-u-t-p-c- -g -gl lazbuild (working dir: /home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus) /usr/bin/make -C packager/registration /home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.sh -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -g -gl -l -vewnhibq -Fu. -Fu/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/rtl -FE. -FU../units/x86_64-linux -Cg -Fl/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9 -vw-n-h-l-d-u-t-p-c- -g -gl -dx86_64 fcllaz.pas (1002) Target OS: Linux for x86-64(3104) Compiling fcllaz.pas(3104) Compiling lazaruspackageintf.pas(1008) 124 lines compiled, 0.1 sec /usr/bin/make -C components/lazutils /home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/fpc.sh -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -g -gl -l -vewnhibq -Fu../../packager/units/x86_64-linux -Fu. -Fu/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpcsrc/rtl -FE. -FUlib/x86_64-linux -Cg -Fl/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9 -vw-n-h-l-d-u-t-p-c- -g -gl -dx86_64 lazutils.pas(1002) Target OS: Linux for x86-64(3104) Compiling lazutils.pas make: *** [Makefile:3762: lazutils] Error 2(3104) Compiling utf8process.pp(3104) Compiling fileutil.pas(3104) Compiling lazfileutils.pas(3104) Compiling lazutf8.pas(3104) Compiling lazutilsstrconsts.pas(3104) Compiling uitypes.pas/home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus/components/lazutils/uitypes.pas(105,14) Error: (3285) Expected another 2 array elements /home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/lazarus/components/lazutils/uitypes.pas(93,58) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted Error: /home/dbannon/fpcupdeluxe/fpc/bin/x86_64-linux/ppcx64 returned an error exitcodefpcupdeluxe: ERROR: Lazarus Native Installer (BuildModuleCustom: Lazbuild): make returned exit status #512.  ERROR: Fpcupdeluxe fatal error !Sequencer (UserIDE): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence UserIDESequencer (Lazarus): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence LazarusSequencer (Default): Failure running fpcupdeluxe: error executing sequence Default
This did, apparently, build OK with last weeks fpcupdeluxe. I'm using a relatively old Linux, U20.04, and, to be honest, I don't need it, so, maybe if its OK for everyone else, no heroic efforts for me please !

Sorry !

Davo

MiR:
Building trunk for fpc and lazarus seems to be quite an adventure atm.

What worked for me was to use the december version of fpcupdeluxe which still uses older bootstrap compiler (I guess) and that worked fine 1-2 weeks ago.

Whith latest Bootstrap compiler errors change on a daily basis so it looks as if there is quite some work happening on trunk. But this all is target dependent, I had more issues on MacOSX for X86_64 than for MacOSX arm64, other platforms may be unaffected.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: MiR on March 06, 2024, 10:37:33 am ---Building trunk for fpc and lazarus seems to be quite an adventure atm.

--- End quote ---

We really don't need to track main in either case for the Pico. Just known stable snapshots from, eg, last six months or so.

For Lazarus, why not a stable release such as 3.0 or 3.2 ?

FPC is harder, we have not had a release of FPC since the Pico patches were merged so, without extensive testing, one snapshot of main is as good as another. I guess.

DonAlfredo, fpcupdeluxe is a magnificent product, a fantastic effort from yourself. You must have trouble finding the time, why not ask people here to run a barrage of tests on proposed candidates ? I was getting ready to do just that ....

Hmm, I see, Pico (and similar) are special cases. Most the other choices in fpcupdeluxe are specifically selected by the user.  Makes sense..... Just unlucky here I guess. Anyway, for the Pico I'd suggest a recent, stable, release of Lazarus and I'm happy to do some FPC testing of any snapshot of main you nominate. 

Davo

TRon:

--- Quote from: dbannon on March 06, 2024, 11:43:42 am ---We really don't need to track main in either case for the Pico. Just known stable snapshots from, eg, last six months or so.

--- End quote ---
True. But you still would have to take an eye on things so that you know which snapshots do work (and which don't).

--- Quote ---For Lazarus, why not a stable release such as 3.0 or 3.2 ?

--- End quote ---
It is guessing from my part (I usually do not use Lazarus) but most probably because new features of the compiler are not supported by stable Lazarus (it doe snot have notion of newly additions to the compiler). f.e. certain targets can't even be build by Lazarus stable (simply because the target was added in trunk compiler).

--- Quote ---FPC is harder, we have not had a release of FPC since the Pico patches were merged so, without extensive testing, one snapshot of main is as good as another. I guess.

--- End quote ---
That is why I added the "hint hint" in one of my previous answers. You can only be sure by testing and in case of issues please report them so that they can be fixed.

The most simple form is just trying to build a certain target and give the developers a shout when a build fails (with accompanied error message). Some people have their own complete build-system in place to do just that for the targets they care about.

@MiR:
Yes indeed, lately a lot of activity going on in trunk so it can happen that things fail. As a generic remark to the reader just keep trying till it works (again) but sometimes it can take a couple of days. If persistent then try and see if the error is reported (in the bug-tracker) and in case not the please report yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version