Recent

Author Topic: "Help"on Lazserial (list of methods, events etc)?  (Read 899 times)

"Help"on Lazserial (list of methods, events etc)?
« on: March 03, 2024, 11:35:34 am »
I've spent some time looking (without success) for a list of methods and events, hierarchy etc for LazSerial.

Is there a structured list of these things?

For example, with some classes like TBufStream, I can simply use F1 | Help. I'm looking for a similar collection information for TLazSerial.

dsiders

Re: "Help"on Lazserial (list of methods, events etc)?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 08:32:44 pm »
I've spent some time looking (without success) for a list of methods and events, hierarchy etc for LazSerial.

For example, with some classes like TBufStream, I can simply use F1 | Help. I'm looking for a similar collection information for TLazSerial.

The attached has skeleton topics for help. No real content, but the structure is there. 

LazSerial is a third party component hosted at: https://github.com/JurassicPork/TLazSerial with an active issue tracker. Ask the maintainer to provide proper Help files.

Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 12:30:35 pm »
OK Thank you.

At least now I am pretty certain there are no "official" help files.

Dzandaa

• From C# to Lazarus
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 10:11:57 am »
Hi,

This is a little template I wrote to test RS232 communications with ESP32 using 5DP0 Library:

Dezip and put the whole folder in your Template directory (Tool->Project templates options).
Run Lazarus then New project from template->RS232 5DP0 Form
Fill the Dialog with your values and compile.

It Works in Windows and Linux.

You must install SdpoSerialLaz (sdpo) and LazSerial from OPM

B->
Dzandaa

wp

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 11:26:48 am »

The best and ultimately up-to-date help information can be found in the source code itself. Learn to navigate the source code. If you need information on TLazSerial, CTLR+click on the word "TLazSerial" in the source editor --> the IDE will open the unit in which "TLazSerial" is declared and implemented. Depending on how your IDE is set up you may land in the interface or implementation part of the unit --> press SHIFT+CTRL+Up or Down to switch to the other part of the unit. In the interface then you see all the properties, methods and events of TLazSerial. If you then, for example, want to learn what the type TFlowControl of the property FlowControl is, repeat the same: CTRL-Click on "TFlowControl", and the IDE jumps to the line "TFlowControl=(fcNone,fcXonXoff,fcHardware)".

Of course, there are no describing words in this method, but - sincerely - most help files do not provide much more information.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018