Forum > Beginners

Suppressing warnings

<< < (5/5)

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: nimble2010 on February 22, 2024, 01:24:12 pm ---I know that I'm not separating runtime/designtime code but that's the way I got such addons/plugins installed. I also read somewhere on these packages' repos that this is a Lazarus bug, not that important to me I just need to know how to disable such warnings.

--- End quote ---

It's not about separation between runtime/designtime. You should not use the “Other Units Searchpath” if the units are also part of a package and instead have your project reference the package in question instead.

--- Quote from: TRon on February 22, 2024, 01:56:23 pm ---The normal way to get additional information on a message/warning is to use -vq (which will issue the number of the message) and then use {$WARN XXX OFF} (were x is the actual number of the message) but if these messages are specific to Lazarus then I am not sure. I always though all messages are generated by the (fpc) compiler.

--- End quote ---

These specific messages are generated by Lazarus itself, so you can't use the compiler mechanisms to suppress these messages.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: wp on February 22, 2024, 11:53:51 pm ---.... Contact the authors of the package and ask them to fix it. ....

--- End quote ---

In the case of KControls, I doubt TK would be willing to restructure the whole package to be honest.  But he might be more interested if we had an authoritative sounding and quite specific reason why its needed. Maybe something like "PascalDragan said .....".

So, PascalDragon, can you be specific about what bad thing can actually happen ?

I'd be willing to do the work and send it to him as a pull request, he's accepted a few minor ones from me in the past.

TK is mainly a Delphi user (but package works fine with FPC/Lazarus). Is this not a problem in Delphi ?

Davo

TRon:

--- Quote from: srvaldez on February 23, 2024, 02:17:42 pm ---thanks a million TRon :)
that's what I needed to know

--- End quote ---
You're welcome  :)

Happy coding !

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on February 23, 2024, 10:18:36 pm ---These specific messages are generated by Lazarus itself, so you can't use the compiler mechanisms to suppress these messages.

--- End quote ---
Ah, ic. That is good to know. Thank you PascalDragon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version