Forum > General

Internal error 200612311 - even more rare

<< < (2/2)

TRon:
@Fibonacci:
There is a simple solution to all these internal errors that you seem to be reporting lately ... simply do not write such code  :P

But in all seriousness, thank you for putting your mind to these things.

Is (or should) such use (the use of a constant) of generic specialization actually be allowed ? (I actually have no idea)

Fibonacci:
I too have no idea. An issue has been created on gitlab, it will get fixed or proper error message will be added.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: TRon on February 22, 2024, 11:19:31 am ---Is (or should) such use (the use of a constant) of generic specialization actually be allowed ? (I actually have no idea)

--- End quote ---

That constant is not part of the specialization, it's simply a parameter to the specialized function.

(Though FPC 3.3.1 does support constants as generic parameters ;) )

Thaddy:
And it is a very nice feature!

TRon:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on February 23, 2024, 10:39:40 pm ---That constant is not part of the specialization, it's simply a parameter to the specialized function.

--- End quote ---
You are right. I completely misread the example  :-[

--- Quote ---(Though FPC 3.3.1 does support constants as generic parameters ;) )

--- End quote ---
Drats.... another (new) thing to learn about.  ;)  (I did not know that was possible so thank you for the hint).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version