Forum > LCL

ScrollBars in TMemo

(1/2) > >>

AgriMensor:
Has anyone else had this rather fundamental problem and, if so, how did you solve it?
I have a standard TMemo on a standard TPanel on a standard TForm. TMemo has the following design-time settings:
Alignment: taCenter
Anchors: akBottom, akLeft, akRight
Read Only: True
ScrollBars: ssVertical
TabStop: False
WordWrap: True (although I have also tried it with False)
The problem is that the scroll bar is always greyed out and I cannot read the whole text (see photo - can be zoomed to read better).
Any help on this gratefully received.
Many thanks!

AgriMensor:
Better screen shot

dbannon:
That is pretty weird Agri.

The scroll bar to be greyed out means the TMemo thinks all your text is visible. Just how much is missing ? Just the line we see the top of or is there more txt below that ? What if you put a couple of line feed, carriage returns at the end of the text ?

I think there must be some confusion with how much space the font reports it needs. Have you tried any other fonts to see if its a font problem ? Or a DPI scaling issue ?

You could, possibly, make a stand alone app with just the TMemo, same font and same text, see if its replicated ?

Davo

KodeZwerg:
Can you attach a minimalistic demo of what you have done? (tform + tmemo + demo text + your tmemo property settings)
No code needed since its just properties (i guess)

Beside of that it would be useful to know what Lazarus/FPC combination (version number) you use and the target platform it runs on.

AgriMensor:
Sorry - forgot to post platform details earlier; here they are:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2
OS build   19045.4046
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Lazarus Version 2.2.6
Date 2024-02-19
FPC Version 3.2.2

The prog will eventually be ported to Linx Mint, Mac and Chromebook

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page