Forum > General

Lazarus IDE compiling is too slow for me!!

<< < (8/8)

TRon:

--- Quote from: vfclists on February 21, 2024, 02:02:00 pm ---I don't see any way of timing the runs unless they are invoked with the time command.

--- End quote ---
Exactly that. replace your fpc executable with a batch file that times your real fpc executable.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: TRon on February 21, 2024, 02:16:14 pm ---Exactly that. replace your fpc executable with a batch file that times your real fpc executable.

--- End quote ---

That would give a valuable indication (ie are we talking about 5 seconds or 5 minutes ?) but not everything in the build process is fpc. Linking does a whole lot of pokeing around ...

No, if you want accurate, lazbuild is the way to go. Its dead easy, the command is there in your Lazarus tree. Just give it the name of the project you want to build and the mode from that project you want to use, the rest will almost certainly be of as defaults. But I am not sure lazbuild has a 'clean' option, so touch all your source first.

Hmm, do you use a lazarus.cfg file ?  If so, use the full path to lazbuild, it will look for the cfg file there too. If not, you may need to also tell lazbuild which config to use if not using the default.

From your project dir -

--- Code: ---$HOME/bin/Lazarus/lazarus_3_0/lazbuild  --build-mode=release project1.lpi
--- End code ---

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version