Forum > Third party

Errors when building HtmlViewer with FPC 3.3.1

(1/2) > >>

dsiders:
I just tried to rebuild the HtmlViewer package using FPC 3.3.1 and Lazarus 3.99. I encountered a couple of errors, where it complains about missing overloads. The fix was relatively simple:


--- Code: Diff  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---diff HtmlViewer/source/HTMLSubs.pas /lazarus/components/HtmlViewer/source/HTMLSubs.pas5755c5755<       else if Self is TTableBlock and not TTableBlock(Self).Table.HeadOrFoot then {ordinary tables}--->       else if (Self is TTableBlock) and (not TTableBlock(Self).Table.HeadOrFoot) then {ordinary tables}diff HtmlViewer/source/htmlview.pas /lazarus/components/HtmlViewer/source/htmlview.pas4511c4511<   else if Sender is TFontObj and not NoJump then--->   else if (Sender is TFontObj) and (not NoJump) then
Apparently FPC 3.3.1 is more stringent with its evaluation order.

Where should a bug report for the Lazarus source be submitted? I looked at the GitHub repo... but it appears to be for the Delphi code base.

TIA

Don

bytebites:
The latter part doos not require ()

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---if (Sender is TFontObj) and not NoJump then

wp:

--- Quote from: dsiders on February 18, 2024, 10:03:08 pm ---Where should a bug report for the Lazarus source be submitted? I looked at the GitHub repo... but it appears to be for the Delphi code base.

--- End quote ---
Where did you get the sources from? OPM? In this case I'd suggest that you do a fresh download of the sources from OPM, apply your change, increment the third digit of the package version number, pack everything to a new zip, send it per mail to opm@lazarus-ide.org and ask for updating OPM due to fixed compilation.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: wp on February 18, 2024, 11:13:57 pm ---Where did you get the sources from? OPM?

--- End quote ---

Yes, from OPM. I have 11.8.0 - same as OPM.


--- Quote from: wp on February 18, 2024, 11:13:57 pm ---In this case I'd suggest that you do a fresh download of the sources from OPM, apply your change, increment the third digit of the package version number, pack everything to a new zip, send it per mail to opm@lazarus-ide.org and ask for updating OPM due to fixed compilation.

--- End quote ---

I can do that. Thanks, Werner.


dsiders:

--- Quote from: dsiders on February 19, 2024, 02:00:21 am ---
--- Quote from: wp on February 18, 2024, 11:13:57 pm ---Where did you get the sources from? OPM?

--- End quote ---

Yes, from OPM. I have 11.8.0 - same as OPM.


--- Quote from: wp on February 18, 2024, 11:13:57 pm ---In this case I'd suggest that you do a fresh download of the sources from OPM, apply your change, increment the third digit of the package version number, pack everything to a new zip, send it per mail to opm@lazarus-ide.org and ask for updating OPM due to fixed compilation.

--- End quote ---

I can do that. Thanks, Werner.

--- End quote ---

And apparently I cannot... mail provider will not send a .zip attachment. Thanks Google.

I'll post a patch to the GithHub issue tracker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version