Forum > TAChart

[solved] TAChart - bar Chart - beginner's question about the date

(1/1)

Nicole:
WP was so kind, to post a wonderful project about bar-charts.
I imported it into my code and it looks promising.

My data are forced from my DB into a martix now, which you see at the sceenshot.
As well you see at the screenshot, - that there is only one bar instead of twelve.
I bet, this is very easy to solve for somebody who worked with this bar charts more.

The code BELOW my lines of the screenshot:
It is taken from WP' project. Probably I have to change there something, - but what?

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---  Chart_KuponsBarSeries1.Source := ListChartSource1;   // Label x axis with the data point labels  Chart_Kupons.BottomAxis.Marks.Source := ListChartSource1;//  Chart_Kupons.BottomAxis.Marks.Style := smsLabel;   // For label colors assign the TChartStyles to the Styles property of the series  Chart_KuponsBarSeries1.Styles := ChartStyles1;  // Add a style for each y level  ChartStyles1.Styles.Clear;  for i := 1 to 3 do    with ChartStyles1.Add do    begin      Brush.Color := Random($FFFFFF);      // Create a random color      Pen.Color := Brush.Color;      Text := 'Article ' + IntToStr(i);    end;  // Show the style texts in the legend//  Chart_KuponsBarSeries1.Legend.Multiplicity := lmStyle;  Chart_Kupons.Legend.Visible := True;  

wp:
I assume Tage is a dynamic array (Tage: array of TTagRecord, where TTagRecord = record DATUM_: TDate; BETRAEGE: array[0..2] of Double). Then the first index is 0 not 1. Since you do not put valid data into the 0-th array element is probably contains the date value 0 (30 Dec 1899); this is "far away" from your real date values and all your data collapse to one single bar.

Nicole:
Yes, this worked, thank you.

My plan was to have the in my array the same number as my foreign key. Therefore I started by 1 instead of zero.
Well, I changed it and now my bars are there.

To use a ChartSource like this is great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version